Hair Disaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well if she tries to argue I'll just take my business somewhere else.

(Sounds like you wanted what I ended up with LOL)

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

well if she tries to argue I'll just take my business somewhere else.

(Sounds like you wanted what I ended up with LOL)
I was thinking that, too! OH well. I never got my hair highlighted again, either. Forget it! I'll stick with one color, thanks. Oh, that's if we aren't counting the greys and the root outgrowth at the moment...shhhhhhhh!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that problem too my eyebrows are black and i dyed my hair violet, and now its a nice dark reddy colour.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, here is a picture:

The picture actually makes it look nice though... its really a lot more red... the picture is taken indoors... when I thought about it it was already too dark outside to take a sunlight picture and that would show how RED it is.

(MOD: I already resized... if I do it again I'm afraid I'll make it TEENY WEENY, if someone could, resize for me?? THANKS!)

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. That's a LOT of gold in there, IMO. That looks almost like what that girl did to my hair.
I hope you get what you want tomorrow!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you wanna swap?
I wanna get my hair like that, i mean the gold that is.. but no way am i gonna spend over 200 for my hair!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you ever consider bleaching your eyebrows??
Mine are really dark and in the winter when I look especially pasty-even more dark. I use Jolen's cream bleach. You probably won't have to leave it on very long-try it at just a couple of minutes first. I've bleached mine fairly light sometimes if I forget to set a timer. It makes a big difference-I usually have the dark unibrow thing going if I don't do this.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I want to try to bleach my brows. They would prolly fall off....

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I didn't end up going back to the salon. A few people told me they like the hair color so I decided to give it a chance... there is one highlight in the front of my hair that irritates me because its so thick but I can tuck it under most of the time and ignore it.....

So we will see. If anything I can get something done next weekend maybe...

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth, that's hardly what I'd call a disaster!!! It looks great! I'm naturally red-headed (ok, so maybe i'm biased) but my brows have always been near-black. I think if you sleep on it another day, you might just fall in love with it. (and I'll bet hubby might say "hubba-hubba" if you sent him a snap!!
)

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Beth, that's hardly what I'd call a disaster!!! It looks great! I'm naturally red-headed (ok, so maybe i'm biased) but my brows have always been near-black. I think if you sleep on it another day, you might just fall in love with it. (and I'll bet hubby might say "hubba-hubba" if you sent him a snap!!
)
I'm giving it time... I've been fiddling with different ways to tie it up at work.... thank goodness I have another day off.

jazzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate that. It would be better if you get to buy your own hair color and do it your self or have your friend do it for you.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jazzy

I hate that. It would be better if you get to buy your own hair color and do it your self or have your friend do it for you.
Yeah.... I had a terrible ronald mcdonald experiance with that one too.....

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, you know what, you have to compare the color to your skin tone and examine the base color. you want a red/brown base rather than a pure red or red/gold base. what she did was give you a red/gold base and the with caramel highlights. overall I think it looks good, but if it's not what you wanted, I'd go back. I'm so fed up with hair that I just cut and color my own, and it's always lovely.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should at least call the salon and let them know what happened, and explain that you want to live with it for a few days, and see if you change your mind. If you do not let them know something within a few days, you have no recourse if you decide you do not like it, or if that one piece really starts to bug you. I work in a salon, and they are pretty good about solving problems, as long as a client does not wait too long. If the salon has an email address, email them, so you will have something you can print out if they question you. I worked in a place that would not admit any wrongdoing by their stylists, and a smart client had emails to take to court when she sued them for ruining her hair.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. At least call your salon, because I don't think it should be taking a long time to get used to it. And for 200 bucks, you should be walking out with something you like.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would say ring the salon again and tell them you want some time to get used to it and ask if you can coem back in a week or two if your still not 100% happy.

but to be fair, i really like the colour