Had to put 5 and a half year old cat down for heart failure

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You had no way of knowing something like this would happen, you in no way would EVER do any harm to that beautiful boy as you said above. It was a horrific accident and the guilt you feel is a part of the grieving process. Time is the only thing that softens the edges and helps to heal that hole in your heart. Of course you feel awful, you lost a big part of your life and a valued member of your family. My heart goes out to you, I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. We know this pain, it's something that one needs to battle and to try to make some sense of the senseless, a battle that seems unending at times but is easier to bear with the support of those who understand what you are going through. Your sweet boy would never hold you in any way responsible, he loved you with a pure simple love and would want you  to go on with your life and feel joy once again, as you would want for him.  Know that the bond you have with him will never leave you, it is safely held in your heart, he will be with you forever, never far from your side. May your precious memories of happier times bring you comfort, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care.......... RIP sweet Squiggles, you will be forever held in a loving heart and will never be forgotten!