Had Surgery Thursday

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good healing thoughts are coming your way.
:
Lei

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Thanks Pat. I called the doctor this morning and he said the itching is normal for narcotics as long as I'm not having trouble breathing and/or have a rash. And the puffiness is from all the extra fluids they gave me in the OR and after. I'm really not having trouble breathing at all so that's good. He said I could back off the Lortab and try just ibuprofen if I want but I'm not prepared to do that yet! I'm having kind of a painful day here so I guess I'll put up with the itching.

Other then that, My blood sugars are pretty good. I'm just having a rough day with pain and I didn't sleep much last night.
That honestly was my concern, if it progressed to difficulty in breathing etc. I'm glad you called - I hope you can get a good nap in this afternoon, and that the pain begins to lessen soon.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammie, glad to hear the surgery went well. Lots of *Recover Quickly Vibes* on their way -- even though I know it will be a while.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have an uneventful recovery. Please watch your caloric consumpton as your activity level will be so low as not to gain weight (been there done that!!)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as a nurse I don't like the puffiness and the itching. But I didn't do medical for long, and have been in outpatient psych for a long time.

I'm glad you are beginning to recover. I sure hope the pain lets up soon. Keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten much sleep today but am hoping for a good night tonight. Everyone kept calling and just popping in to see if I was ok today and that's nice but doesn't allow for much napping! I am feeling better though and not having as much itching and crawling feelings on my skin. And not so much pain as "healing feelings." Note how I've become a poet.... it's gotta be the drugs! Anyway, I'm having a lot of stinging and burning at the incissions which I'm sure is nerves healing. And I get these little twinges or spasms in the muscle that was cut out and relocated. So those are all good signs, I guess!

Once I'm feeling a little better I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff I can pull out and play with!
That will keep me occupied for awhile anyway!

Thanks for all the prayers, vibes and thoughts. Keep 'em coming cause I need them!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I went to bed around 8:00 last night and slept until around 2:30 A.M. So that's better I guess! The good thing is that all I have to do is lay around and drift in and out of sleep all day (and heal). It hasn't even been a week and already I can't wait to get this stupid cast off!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow having surgery does weird things to you. In some ways, I can't believe it's only been 10 days and in other ways it seems like it's been 30 days.

I'm doing better. I can even stay awake through a whole movie now! Still taking pain killers. I'm having trouble getting my blood pressure back down to where the doctors like it though. I think it's because I'm still retaining fluids because I'm taking all my heart and BP medications. The lasix isn't working as well as normally though. And the doc said that's probably because I'm not moving around as much. So I've been sitting in the glider more with my leg and feet up on the gliding footstool and pushing myself back and forth with my legs. It's not much, but it counts as more movement of my muscles I think!
Also trying to move my upper body more. The pain hasn't been too bad. Unless I try to skip taking pain pills. Doc said better to take the pain pills and move more so that's what I'm doing. I can move my toes now on the foot/leg I had surgery on. Getting around on crutches is a little more easy too. Not much, but a little.
Over all I'm doing pretty well I think. It's just a waiting game. Anyway.... just thought I update ya'll.

I'm still going to fly to Michigan on Tuesday morning. My son is getting married August 6th. And my mother isn't doing well so it might be the last time I see her alive. so although I still am not feeling that great I figure I better go. My sis said she will get me a comfortable hotel room and stuff. So that's about it!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a safe trip, enjoy your son's wedding, and your visit with your mom, though it may be bittersweet.