Had My Two Kittens Spayed And Neutered

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a tube sock, cut out the toes, and slip her into it, leaving it like a "tube top" around her belly.

Good luck.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Get a tube sock, cut out the toes, and slip her into it, leaving it like a "tube top" around her belly.
I did that with one of my kittens who was chewing out her stitches, and it worked great. Make it as long as possible so that even if it gets bunched up it'll still cover the incision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukisal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks for that, will get one tomorrow, but they did the op on the side, not the belly like they seem to in the U.S. So may not cover it so well as is abover her back leg.

I have tried English mustard around it, she was not keen but licked it off, then tried black pepper, definitely not happy with that, but of course comes off easily.

So maybe have to go to plan C, chili powder.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't apply any spices or anything else to the wound. It could burn the wound and potentially cause infection, not to mention it being kind of noxious to the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukisal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I have only applied with a cotton bud in the area around the wound, and was careful not get near the it.

She has not touched it after touching with her tongue, so don't think that will harm her.

It is closing nicely again, this morning though she did try and pull at staple, so will see how it goes.