Hach A Dog's Tale (Spoilers maybe)

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got this DVD today and just got through watching it. It's a marvously done movie. I'm not a big Richard Gere fan but I liked him here. Hachi is based on a true Japanese story about a dog who waits for his master to come home, even after his master dies, Hachi still goes to the train station and waits. If you don't mind crying lots and lots of tears I highly recommend this DVD. Has anyone else seen it?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like too much of a heart breaker. I don't want to watch anything to make me cry as I am still crying from losing my cat in January. I need some happy movie to look at.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Loved it! So did my dog- she ate the disc! My boss (I part-time at a video store) put the disc (half eaten) on display. Along with the disc is a sign "Be Advised, You Eat It, You Own it!" I had to run to WalMart and buy a new disc before the street date because of Gretchen's appetite. But the movie rocks!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a "dog-person" friend on another forum who just watched this and said it was wonderful - though her dogs were worried about her since she was bawling for half of it.

This same internet friend is responsible for me watching The Cove tonight, and I bawled through the ENTIRE thing. Blueeyedgirl - DO NOT watch The Cove!!! If anyone can see this movie and not bawl their eyes out, they have no soul.