Ha-ha! Sorry, Penny...

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I have no idea what it's like with a reluctant Bengal, but an oriental not even full grown kitten can really kick the
out of you with those giraffe-length legs, and it's like holding a super-powered eel on steroids!
Great description! We had orientals before the bengals and the "eel" thing is spot on.

Sticking with the sea life theme, bengals can be like an angry octopus with claws. Toweling them actually makes it worse. I'm thankful they aren't all like that. Having one or two that hate it is plenty.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I don't have any fights thank goodness, but my little female rules my house too, Sapphire is by far the smallest cat, she's even smaller than my 7 month old
but all it takes is a hiss or growl from her and the others fall right into line
lol that sounds soo m uch like heyu, the eazy and itta 2 just kinda,give up once she starts to hiss,and heyu is sooo small.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question to you Nial - WHEN (age) do you start trimming nails on the kittens? I have always started my kittens at 3-4 weeks old and do it at least weekly. If they need trimming they get it, if not, they can go till next time.

Ling's been done since 5 weeks old, she doesn't like it and complains and wiggles a lot, but it gets done. Charlie is far more cooperative.

I think if you start really young and do it weekly, you'd have a more cooperative Bengal