Gyno visits........what do you think?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was just brought to my mind by a pal who's going for her annual visit.. We were discussing this with a group of friends a couple of weeks ago. Ladies, when your gyno does his thing, is there a female nurse present when it happens or are the gyno and you alone? (Assuming your gyno is a guy)

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My old gyno was the doctor who delivered me and there was always a female nurse in the room during the exam. I thought that was a policy?
Now I go to an all women's group and when I have my exam she still calls a nurse in for assistance during the exam, but the nurse doesn't stay in the room the entire time, just during the pelvic exam.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nurse present usually - but there is a sign that says you may request one during exams. So I assume that there might be an occasion when they are short handed that they might not automatically have the extra nurse.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The pal Susie's on about is me!. I go in 25 minutes for it EEEEEK!.

I go to my local doctors surgery to have it done by a nurse, but all we have is a cervical smear, blood pressure checked and weight and we ask any questions we want answered.

But!, if theres any hospital visits to be done with a male gyno, there has to be a nurse present at all times.

Roll on 2.30 when i''ll be out!

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a male gyno who offered to call the nurse in but I for some strange reason (maybe I was to young then) said no. But I remember my regular doctor who was male when he'd have to do a physical he called in a female nurse or a receptionist. But for me I think it's better to be naked in front of one person than two. My female gyno I go to now offers a nurse to come as well but I don't see a point. But if you are uncomfortable definetely ask for a nurse.

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
None of my gyno's have nurses that work with them. In South Africa it isn't standard practice to have a nurse in the practice...only a receptionist or two. But usually if the SO is with they ask him if he wants to come with, even if it is just routine check up.

But also almost all of them have ultrasound machines in their offices, something that I have been told is very uncommon in the US. At this point I am very happy coz I get to see the baby every four weeks.

Good luck

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first gyno was a guy and there was always a female nurse present... when i moved to cali, i had a female gyno, and there was still required to be another female nurse in the room
anytime i have had to be naked, there have always been two people in the room, at least one of them a female

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a female gyno but don't have a nurse with me. It's bad enough having one girl looking "there" then having another one in the same room!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gyno is the same woman who delivered me! Even though it's a woman she still always has a nurse in the room. What I really don't like though, since she's the one who delivered me and she knows my whole family, is when she starts asking, "So, how are your parents? And your brother, is he doing well?" WHILE she's giving the exam!!!!!! AH!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My reg doc does my annuals, I need to be searching for a gyno sooner or later when I am ready to have kids...I am just really comfortable with her that's why I don't bother looking for another doc just yet. And...there is always a nurse present during my exams.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a male doctor and there is ALWAYS a female nurse present during the visit.

I remember I went in this one time...and the doc says, "We have some pre-meds here today, do you mind if they come and observe?" There was like 5!!!

I was like, "Um, yes I mind...this ain't no party here!"
It's bad enough with one doc and a nurse...do you think I want 5 other friends in there?!? sheesh...

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the thought of it make me glad I'm a Male. Although when I hear any thing with the word Procto- in it I want to head outta town for a week.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My GYN is a female, too. There's no way I could handle going to a male!

Howard, I'm not sure that we have it so much tougher than you guys. My husband's told me about that prostate exam (in fairly graphic detail
). EEEWWWW!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never go to a male gyno, even my doctors are female.
i was supposed to have my appoint ment this month, but she is on holidays so i have to go next month..

Here in germany its compulsery to go every 6 months, they have one other nurse but not always, and she is usually on the computer.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every gyno I've ever had has been a female and always accompanied by a nurse. Going to the gyno really doesn't bother me. It's not like they haven't already seen 1,000,000 of those things before mine
. It used to bother me but by now, it's like going in for an eye exam.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I have a female gyno...so this makes it a little more pleasant for me.

Now, if they could only do something about those cold metal stirrups...
My gyno in NY had little paper thingys that they slipped over the metal stirrups that kept them from being so cold. They also had plastic disposable speculums that were much less uncomfortable.

A couple of years ago I had to have my yearly ON my birthday. There's nothing like being in a paper gown and socks with your legs open at 7:30 in the morning as the way to start your special day. LOL!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

They also had plastic disposable speculums that were much less uncomfortable.
I went this afternoon for mine and i was in and out within 10 minutes and it was a breeze. I've just pm'd Susie telling her how we've started using those plastic speculums over here and i swear i could hardly feel a thing!

But do you know the sad thing is, one of my best friends just told me yesterday that she hasn't been for one for over 20 years!

I can't even talk any sense into her!