Guys........I havent wanted to tell you this...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Nicky - it really sounds like the work of humans, not predators. Have you contacted the shelter? Any sign of your cats?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry there is still no news. I feel for you especially, since in our hamlet we have lost four cats and had two disappear in the last four weeks. It is incredibly frustrating when you are sure there must be a reason, but you can't find it and no one will shed any light. I agree you should contact the distant shelter - there is always a chance that someone has taken them there. Is there any local authority you can ask? Our mayor here has been vry helpful in asking people with an authority that I do not have, though he has not turned up anything new. I do hope Sherman turns up safe.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this! I live (in a relative sense) in your neck of the world. I've lost cats over the years mostly to roaming dogs, probably some coyotes, and stupid humans. This may be a very scary thought, but I have had cats disappear in October that probably weren't from predation. I will never condone you for letting out your cats, as I have 2 that go in and out. But use a lot of caution this time of year. There are sicko's out there.

And I usually hear about major TNR activities in the KC area - haven't heard of any of late. The shelters are overpopulated this year and there just isn't a lot of funding to do TNR right now. Even if the closest shelter is 15 miles away, doesn't mean much. Our shelter will go all over the city to TNR if prompted to.

I am sending mega strong come home little ones vibes to you!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that they are still missing

I do agree that it's too suspicious to be the result of other animals. I think the "predator" is human
There are some mean and nasty people out there!!!

Have you contacted the local TV and Radio and Newspapers to tell them what is happening? Perhaps they can do a story on this to bring about awareness. Maybe someone would end up coming forward and finking on the person(s) responsible?

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear about your missing kitties! That's just aweful!

There is nothing wrong with having an outdoor cat, as long as you are willing to assume the risk of it. While I don't recommend it for people, I understand it.

With that though, are your cats microchipped? Did they have collars with ID tags? These are very important for outdoor kitties as well as indoor. However, more important for outdoor.

Just because you checked with the neighbors doesn't mean one is not trapping them. GO TO YOUR SHELTER! Shelters only hold cats for about 3 days! The sooner you get into look the better. Also it will give you peace of mind.

Anyway, I hope they come home soon! And I hope they come home safe..Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

That is awful! Have you heard anything yet?
No.
Still no news of the cats. I had this horrible dream last night that there were a pack of coyotes near by, and I remember seeing them carry Sherman away.
It was AWFUL!!!!!
I have a suspision on it possibly being a human predator-but no proof, unfortunately. I am very sick over this. I cant stand it, not knowing if someone harmed them, or if they died instantly. Those thoughts run thru my mind, constantly!! I dunno.....I am thinking about writing a article and submitting it to the paper. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to say?? I mean, I am not real good at that kinda of stuff.

TIA.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

No.
Still no news of the cats. I had this horrible dream last night that there were a pack of coyotes near by, and I remember seeing them carry Sherman away.
It was AWFUL!!!!!
I have a suspision on it possibly being a human predator-but no proof, unfortunately. I am very sick over this. I cant stand it, not knowing if someone harmed them, or if they died instantly. Those thoughts run thru my mind, constantly!! I dunno.....I am thinking about writing a article and submitting it to the paper. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to say?? I mean, I am not real good at that kinda of stuff.

TIA.
Don't write it. Call the paper and ask to talk to a reporter and tell them what is going on with animals disappearing.