Grrrrr, men!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

John wants to go to town today, to get some parts for his scooter and go to the bank. I need to go to the feed store and get wormer for my horses and some other things. He told me to get him up early so we could go and get back because he has someone coming this afternoon to get a truck and we have to clean out the truck before he gets here. I've been up since 6 a.m. and have been trying to get John up for a long time now. I keep getting "I'm sore, I'll get up when I'm ready, we'll go when I'm ready" blah blah blah. He played paint ball for a couple hours yesterday.

Well, I spent the entire day yesterday on my feet, running back and forth, taking care of animals, lifting bales of hay, cleaning, etc. I am incredibly sore today. Not to mention it's that time of the month and I just feel awful because of that. And yet, I was up at 6 a.m., already have the animals fed, my shower done, laundry done and some cleaning done. Would it really kill him to get out of bed?
That is exactly why we marry them, so we can complain about them!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore

I have to admit, though, that my s/o isn't that way. (first time for everything!
). I never have any problems getting him out of bed, and he's not a baby when he's sick. When we have places to go and things to do, I don't have any problems dealing with him. But he's a rare breed..

~KK~

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit, I'm the one that's hard to get up, not DH. He is usually up before the alarm goes off...then he spends an hour trying to get my butt out of bed!

My mom used to have the hardest time getting me up for school. If I wasn't up and moving after the 3rd time she tried, she would fill a dixie cup up with cold water and slowly drip it on my head. Talk about a rude awakening, but it did get me up! Just an idea for the future.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Would it really kill him to get out of bed?
No - but you could kill him if he doesn't!

I'm VERY fortunate with Max, I really am. If he asks me to get him up early then I can, and he will get up (with lots of grumbling) and he'll be cranky for about half an hour but not with me - just he's not very good at waking up, that's all. He's a good boy like that, my ex-husband wasn't. He was a nightmare!

Ohhh - I had to edit this to add, I am off work today. I feel miserable - I'm tired, I've got a tummy bug, I just don't feel well plus the baby is really growing and my tummy's starting to feel very heavy and tight. I'm sitting here typing away and he is tidying up the lounge around me and he just said, `Is there anything I can do for you, honey? Do you want me to go and get you anything? Are you hungry? Do you want a cup of tea? I think you should be having lots of little cat naps today. I'll get out the sofa bed so you can watch movies.'

Awwwwwwwwwww
He really is so beautiful.

Sorry to ruin your thread

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Sorry to ruin your thread
You didn't ruin anyone's thread. No matter how much our SO's frustrate us, we should appreciate them... besides I'm sure we all frustrate them too.

With DH and I it goes both ways. I have a horrible time making myself get up early (I could go to bed at 8pm the night before and still want to sleep in
) as that's my more natural sleeping time, yet I wake up at other times perfectly fine and it's DH who doesn't want to get out of bed.
It's sort of changed some in the last few months though. Now it is physically difficult for me to get out of bed, time doesn't matter and it has nothing to do with being sleepy. I stand up and I have to sit right back down or else I'll fall. DH doesn't exactly like getting me something to drink and waiting 30-45 minutes for my medication to take affect.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
in our house i am the early riser. i get up wayyyy before he even thinks of getting up and i have to force him out of bed. but i do have to say i am the one thats a big baby if i am sick or not feeling well. he went to work for a month with phnemonia a few months back and never complained once. but if i am sick or not feeling well everyone knows it, esp if i am puking because it scares me so bad i have to have him right beside me or i freak out.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily on work days Rob gets up in the morning, because I'd just ignore all the alarms and keep sleeping! But I think we've incorporated the 5 different alarms into our dreams because neither of us has heard them lately. (Well, except this morning when we decided to get up over an hour earlier than usual since we are looking at home quality today).

But if he asks me to wake him up for something, ugh, he tosses and complains
So I usually just give him one or two chances to get up. If he doesn't, oh well! I tried! Like someone already said - I'm not an alarm clock and dont have a snooze function