Growth on neck

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! My little black cat Rory has a large growth on her neck. She has had one before (on the other side) that was allegedly a swollen lymph node from ear mites. She is acting completely normal, eating, using the bathroom etc. my cats have had soooo many issues in less than a year and I feel like the vet thinks I’m gypsy rose’s mom 😳 does anyone have advice? Thanks
IMG_9928.png

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I guess I would start with the idea it is the same issue again. Have you checked her ears for mites? When you say it was allegedly from the ear mites before, did it go away once the ear mites were treated? How were the ear mites and swelling treated before?

You could try calling the vet and asking if they think it might be the same thing. and if they would be willing to prescribe whatever they did when this occurred before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They assumed it was ear mites as they took a sample. We gave her a topical liquid on the back of her neck and an ear drop in each ear. It did subside after that. She hasn’t been shaking or itching her ears nearly as much as she had with the mites. In two days we are due to give her the topical medication on the back of her neck again helping with the mites — maybe I’ll give them to her early. I’ll call my vet. Unfortunately it’s not the best driving weather (freezing rain / snow). Also this poor babe is super skittish, even with me and her dad so ideally a vet visit would only be if it’s urgent.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I are so sad and thinking what the heck are we doing wrong that all these issues with our babies keep happening?! It’s disheartening. Side note Rue (although healing well from her ocular herpes) has been emotionally acting out… biting me. Scratching me etc. It makes my heartbreak. These girls have the best life but it doesn’t seem to be enough :(:help:😭

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Called the vet, they are leaving a message with the dr and going to contact me back. 😩

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how old these two cats are but with any viral condition, it can get worse with aging as the immune system always weakens with age. Maybe it isn't so much you doing anything wrong as it is the cats' bodies reacting more to their viral conditions? Have you given them any supplements to help strengthen their immune system?

Glad that you called the vet - hopefully about both of them.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our first, Rue, is approximately 8.5/ 9 months.. Rory is approximately 7 months

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our first, Rue, is approximately 8.5/ 9 months.. Rory is approximately 7 months