Grooming

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have interesting grooming issues at our house. Ophelia likes to snuggle, sometimes when Trent does not want to. She will push her little way right up to him. Well, this can be quite annoying to Trent and he used to start chewing on her to get her to move. Of course, she would squeal and he would get in trouble. No more chewing on Ophelia....

So Trent came up with a new tactic....he grooms her - backwards. He knows he can't get in trouble for it. He just grooms her little head going against the grain and it drives her NUTS! LOL Works about 50% of the time to get her to move. Sometimes she gets the last laugh and just leans her head back and enjoys it.

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awwwww those pics. are soooo sweet, my boys groom one another sometimes but not to often

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by PurrfectCatlove
Yes Sam This is my rescue Boston Terrier
Toby does that all the time with Marquise and finaly I got a good pic
OMG The dog's tongue is as big as the cat!
Too cute!

Cute pictures everyone - Keep them coming!

dog1_cats2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haven't got a picture of it but one of my cats will groom the dog's ears every now and then. I've had the cats for 7 years, and brought in a dog about a year ago. One cat, Chelsea, accepted Sascha right away, the other cat, Punkin, took MONTHS before he quit hissing and slapping. And every now and then I catch Chelsea, who always mother hens Punkin (grooms him and cleans his ears), doing the same with the dog!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning to my two fully grooming each other on my bed. They were so adorable...

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sure hope my two girls learn to get that close. I've only had Zebra for a couple weeks now.. and her & Aiko are no where's near to grooming each other! They're still at that timid stage where every little move scares the crap out of them. (thankfully that's not "literally" - lol) ..

LOOOOVE the picture of hte boston terrier grooming. soooo sweet. I want a boston terrier sooo badly. Actually.. just a dog would do fine!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! I love this thread!! I also LOVE to see my cats grooming each other. It really melts my heart whenever I see them doing that. This is a pic of Zebra grooming one of my boys (can't tell if it's Spike or Buddy) as a kitten. It was the FIRST time I had seen Zebra grooming another cat! It's kinda hard to see the boy cuz Zebra was holding onto the boy and the boy was a TINY kitten at that time..

Also, Jacyln- u have a cat named Zebra like mine!
I thought I was the only one with a cat named Zebra..
How did u decide on that name for ur cat?

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of Zebra with Pepper.. Pepper often makes the first move in grooming. She'd shove her head under Zebra's face to be cleaned or she'd reach out with her paw and try to pull Zebra down for grooming as u can see in this pic. Isn't it CUTE??? Sometimes Zebra isn't in the mood to groom so she'd try to avoid Pepper then get fed up and pin Pepper with a paw while doing some ROUGH grooming/biting.
Pepper likes it anyway!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another pic of Pepper being groomed by Zebra while Buddy's watching..