Grocery shopping

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Saturday mid day. I have a very tiring job and do the bulk of my cooking on Sunday so we can just reheat it for the rest of the week. I do my meal planning on Friday and make my shopping list based on that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we worked we went Mondays, right after work. We'd go every week.
Now that we're retired and, with the pandemic, we go (still Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays) in the morning. And we're down to shopping once every 3-4 weeks. I try to limit to once a month, if I can.
Our Giant email comes on Thursday, but the prices aren't effective until Friday.
I keep a running list of items I need. On the weekend, I'll go through the email flyer to check what might be on sale. I do digital coupons from Giant. If there are coupons in the flyer, I'll grab the flyer as we walk into the store. We no longer have a paper subscription to our local newspaper; we use the internet.

We no longer get cat food or supplies from Giant. I use Chewy, PetSmart, or Target for food and litter. This last time I bought all our cat food from Target and had it shipped. Chewy was out of stock on a lot of their Friskies Buffet pate.
We no longer get hair supplies from Giant. I use Redken Greydiant shampoo and conditioner from Ulta and Hair Biology products from Target. Rick also uses HB now, too.

We tend to stay away from all stores on the weekends.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to do grocery orders on Saturdays or Sundays, but I will do other days as needed. I almost never go into stories anymore.