Grey's Anatomy anyone? Theories on Alex?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bbdoll22 bbdoll22 , I don't know where to start...I'm....IDK.
The theory about him going to Izzy just didn't seem right to me, but they did it....and I'm kinda bummed.
And considering Jo has been a basket case pretty well all season, her reaction is.....I dunno...unexpected???

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you rewatch earlier episodes Jo tells Alex to call Izzy. I think in Jo’s mind it was always a possibility. And I think being her and Karev came from broken familys/ foster care she understands that Karev would do right by his children if he ever had any. Now he could have included Jo in raising Izzy’s and his kids. But that’s not the idealistic, fairy tale ending. Justin Chambers left Greys Anatomy therefore the writers had to come up with a end to him in a short time frame.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you rewatch earlier episodes Jo tells Alex to call Izzy. I think in Jo’s mind it was always a possibility. And I think being her and Karev came from broken familys/ foster care she understands that Karev would do right by his children if he ever had any. Now he could have included Jo in raising Izzy’s and his kids. But that’s not the idealistic, fairy tale ending. Justin Chambers left Greys Anatomy therefore the writers had to come up with a end to him in a short time frame.
Yeah, I know...but I still don't like how he "ditched" everyone....I know the writers had to do something.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that Alex is gone she doesn’t have a “person”.
But she has the new doctor as a love interest - I like him. I'm curious how they are going to evolve their relationship.
I wonder if they are going to do a "racial show". Where by Baily's kids end up in a wrong place wrong time situation, and it tests how far she will go to help and protect her foster kid. You know...two black teens go out, someone thinks they look "suspicious", or something happens and the cops think they or the foster kid did it...kind of story line.
Last time we saw Amelia, she looked very pregnant...how far along is she at this point?
I know she said that she would not do DNA testing. But I wonder if either Link or Owen (because he will have just found out that he might be the father after he finds out about the Teddy/Koracick fiasco)....but I'm leaning towards Link for this...will "steal" some blood and do a secret DNA test on the baby when it's born.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I was so upset about the Alex ending.

I could not believe it. Just when he and Jo seemed to be getting back together.

I watched the entire episode; upset, but the next day, after I thought about it, I was more accepting.

If they killed Alex, people would have been upset. Perhaps sedition take , in the ending; but upset.

With this ending, Alex finally finds happiness and stability—— something he has been searching for his entire life. And with his “true” love.

It also keeps the door open for an “official” closer: with Alex making one last return to GA.

Meredith could take her kids to visit Alex—-one last appearance for him— to show how happy he is. Izzie could be at work or on call— not available.

Or there could be a conference, where they meet, with or without Izzie. The kids would be there so Meredith could meet them —- bringing closure to Alex.

I think this was the best ending for Alex: he found happiness, love— his children, Department Head—- all the things he was searching for. He is happy.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the entire episode; upset, but the next day, after I thought about it, I was more accepting.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I think it's more that it just sucks that the writer's were so limited on how to end such an important character...but as you said, I also feel better about it now, than I did when I watched.

Was it his voice narrating the letters? I did sound like him. I wonder how much begging the show had to do to get him to participate.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I wondered that also. It did sound like him. Perhaps he agreed to do the narrative, without an onscreen appearance I wish him well —his eyes always seemed so unhappy.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
his eyes always seemed so unhappy.
Looking back to all the flash back scenes from the episode, you are right. I never really thought about it though, as it just fit his "on screen" character. He did look (at a minimum) tired the last few seasons.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad they did it this way. It really does fit his character.
At least he's not dead.