Grey's Anatomy anyone? Theories on Alex?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that Chambers left the show unexpectedly, but I have to admit that it seems like the only way to save Alex Karev's character, and not turn him into a super villain is if the show kills him off. There's just no other way...and that makes me sad.
But, the fact is, he did have contact (thru text) with others on the show while he was "away", while simultaneously "ghosting" Jo and Meredith.
I have been looking online at possible story outcomes and was wondering what others think?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been thinking about this also. Maybe he left to help his younger brother Aaron who suffers schizophrenia like their mother. Also didn’t they have a younger sister?
my first thought was that he reconnected with Izzy.
now Meredith has no “person”,Alex became her “person” after Yang left for Switzerland, I wonder how this will effect Mer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my first thought was that he reconnected with Izzy.
I've seen others comment about that....but like I mentioned, they can't do that. They turned Alex's character into a great person, who fights for and supports people. There's no way he would just up and leave.

One comment I read was that DeLuca kills him. We know that he's not all there right now, so someone said that perhaps he "broke" and they will find out about it if perhaps, now that his hands are messed up, he asks someone to get something out of his pocket and they find Alex's phone. The texts to Richard and the "almost text" to Mer was actually DeLuca. Hence why he never "called" anyone while he was "with his mom" - which it turns out he wasn't.

Another is that he was trying to get home while Mer tried texting him, and when the three dots were flashing like he was about to answer, he crashes or something. But that still doesn't explain why he wouldn't talk to Jo before that final "almost" text.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jo's dad was a TA that raped her mom and died in a motorcycle accident. Alex's dad died at the hospital from complications of his drug abuse.

Another theory, was that even though Jo got a hold of Alex's mom, and she CLAIMED that he had not been there. Perhaps, he was there and something happened where she (or perhaps the brother) may have caused his death (accident or on purpose????) And she's now covering up by saying to Jo that he never showed. And it was Alex's mom who was texting Richard and Mer. But that theory does not work either because there is no way she would know how to communicate to Richard about Maggie's employment and Pac North.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem
off the Alex subject but what do you think of Teddy kissing Koracick? Do you think she will leave Owen for Koracick? And do you think DeLuca is just going through a rough patch or does he have his fathers mental illness?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bbdoll22 bbdoll22
I think Teddy's an idiot! She does this under the assumption (not even confirmed by Amelia) that it MIGHT be his baby. And Owen doesn't even know yet that it might be his either. I have NO idea if she would leave Owen, but if the plan for the show is for them to break up, I hope Owen would do the leaving. I'm kinda done with their drama, and wish Owen could have some stability for a while. Perhaps he'll leave her and take over as chief at Pac North now that Alex is gone...IF Catherine takes her head out of her bum and stops being such a "bleep" towards Richard, and hopefully keeps the hospital open.
It would be a nice slap in the face to her (and "good drama" for the show) if in the end it turns out that the baby is indeed Link's...and she ends up losing Owen over it.

I hate DeLuca's character. And I hated the relationship between him and Mer. They did not mesh, at all. I hope he's spiraling and leaves the show. And if this is just a "rough patch" it's a bit much for it not to be a severe mental break due to having what his dad has. That's where the "he kill's Alex" thing would be interesting...the reason for his heightened erratic behavior and obsession with being a hero, is because he did do something to Alex and that pushed him right off the deep end (obsession with unknown disease patient and now the liver transplant situation.)

What do you think of the Link and Amelia situation?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Link and Amelia are a good couple. I can understand Amelia being frightened it may be Owens and losing Link but I still think she should find out the paternity.
ive never really liked Teddy. Owen would be better off if she left him for Koracick although he may not realize it at the time. I’d like to see Owen find A new love interest in time. I do think he needs time by himself first.
and DeLuca is just a pretty boy. I have no idea what Mer sees in him. It was a low blow when he threw the Alzheimer’s in Mets face last episode.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Amelia should have (and still should) find out the paternity. I liked them as a couple as well.

As for Owen. Now that I think of it more. I really like the idea that he and Richard, take over Pac North and turn it around, into a great teaching, trauma hospital. Owen can stay single while he focuses on the new place and eventually, find someone...I'm still deciding on what type of person. A patient? new doctor? A veteran? OH! How's this for drama? - A CPS worker because Teddy and Koracick end up being big D-bags with custody stuff and what not....and he ends up falling in love with her, obviously because he wins in the end....
And Richard's first "protege" will be that cancer patient who lied about being a surgeon and almost performed surgery.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My theories: Karev will somehow be dead— not certain how. Perhaps, while needing some time to himself, he came across an accident, tried to help, lost his ids, and got killed. He has to die a hero. He has gone through too much heartache.

Teddy and Korachik will be together— for a while.
Nothing is permanent in GA.
It will be a love triangle

Owen will be crushed, but will be back with Amelia— afymter s long drawn out time of suffering, for both of them.
Another love triangle or quadrangle.

Jo and Link will get together— they are already good friends. Jo will become pregnant. Links cancer will somehow reach-appear. No one can be happy in GA.

Meredith and widowed doctor will have disagreements, but end up together.

DeLuca has lost his mind— will go away— mental hospital for evaluation.

Richard will keep his tremors to himself; taking the cancer pastiest under his wings, for tutorlege.

Maggie will whine. Jackson will be miserable.

Bailey has already taken that kid in— probably adopting him.

Richard ‘s wife-/ the @itch will divorce him.. keeping conveyor the hospital, constantly on his back— nasty. She will always be a thorn in everyone’s side.

They will start integrating the New interns into the story —- sad.

These are my predictions. So microfilm a soap opera now. I miss the good old days of real medical interest storylines, along with the characters.

It is so predictable.,. I really do not know why I keep watching it— must be out of habit.

And they keep throwing Station 19 crossovers at us. On FB, they have already combined the 2 shows.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom
I thought abought Jo and Link getting together but in my opinion I don’t think Link could. But hey you never know anything to get ratings.
Any hoo the first time Link was introduced I disliked him immediately, but he grew on me. I think he truly feels love for Amelia but he can be shady. He just needed to focus on a bigger picture ( hence being a dad) otherwise he was a man to date many women. He needed a reason to settle because his childhood was fraught with cancer and as an adult disliked his parents because they forgot his cancer date.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps, while needing some time to himself, he came across an accident, tried to help, lost his ids, and got killed. He has to die a hero. He has gone through too much heartache.
What bugs me is that his ending has to have a hero's end, but it HAS to explained in a way that we won't need "flash backs" to explain it to get some decent closure for everyone. Unless they do some good CGI effects or weird angles where we only see the back of his head or something and add him in that way. Maybe it will be something like he gets burned beyond recognition or like George where his face is all smashed. I just don't know how he will get the send off he deserves...and it's driving me crazy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alex has come a long way since the beginning.

If they play Chasing Cars, you know it will be bad.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pool last night so no, not yet...I'm watching it tonight!:anticipation:
I'll post after I watch it...