GREY KITTEN POOP

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, those are flea bites. You’ll need to treat for fleas on the cat, wash bedding, vacuum rugs, and even use carpet flea spray. If all is done twice about 10 days apart it usually addresses the life cycle of fleas on the pet and in the home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Milo and Maple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, those are flea bites. You’ll need to treat for fleas on the cat, wash bedding, vacuum rugs, and even use carpet flea spray. If all is done twice about 10 days apart it usually addresses the life cycle of fleas on the pet and in the home.
Thank you!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Thanks for your reply. I understand she is too young to be adopted... I saw the ad on Craigslist and it looked as though she needed help. She was partly nursing from a mother who was also nursing 20 other kittens. My kitty’s mother was nursing two litters. My kitten was also eating solid Friskies food mixed with water to water it down. It was a pretty bad environment for these kittens but luckily they’re being fostered now or adopted.
I thought it could be the change in food. I am supplementing her food with KMR. She doesn’t seem to be into it at all and will only go for the wet food, so I miss the wet food with the KNR.

let’s hope she doesn’t get diarrhea! One week so far so good.
Thank you!!
Those conditions sound appaling. I hope that mill gets shut down.

I'm glad she has a good home now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Milo and Maple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those conditions sound appaling. I hope that mill gets shut down.

I'm glad she has a good home now.
Oh no it wasn’t a mill, it was a home that hadn’t spayed their female cats. They did it by accident. I did educate them a bit on where and how to get their cats spayed so that this wouldn’t happens again and they were very grateful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BLESS YOU! Education is a wonderful thing.

You can wash your kitten in ORIGINAL Dawn dishwashing detergent. It's great for killing fleas, just rinse thoroughly! The best things I've found for killing them in the home is Precor 2000. You can order it online. Lock your kitten in one room, spray, wait about 3 hours to make sure everything is dry, then let her out and do the room she was locked in. Just took ONE SPRAYING to get rid of a HORRIBLE flea infestation I had a few years back. I keep it on hand now.

If your vacuum has a bag, saturate a cloth with the spray and drop it in the bag. If not, spray your filter. That will keep the nasty little beggars from getting out again, and they do!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally would be extremely careful about dish detergents because if it gets in the eyes it stings and if it gets in the mouth it will cause foaming.

Dish detergent also can cause dry skin and itching.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dawn, however, is remarkably gentle. It's what they use to clean wild animals, even babies, who are caught in oil spills. But, I repeat, you MUST RINSE THOROUGHLY!

Sabrinadanee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I know this was from a while ago, I recently slowy switched my kitty foods and she’s now eating the fancy feast kitten wet food also and she had the same grey poop tonight as the pic you posted. Did your cat become okay and did you continue giving the fancy feast food