Grey cat Picture thread

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Sam, who is The Boss Of Me. He has bright green eyes, which melt the heart of anyone who looks at him. When people ask what kind of cat he is, I say long haired Russian Blue. He has a dense thick double coat, and a gorgeous full mane in the winter.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here he is in winter glory. He does like to pose for the camera.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea of his breed. He was given up for adoption by his family at age 5, and there was no information with him. He has Russian Blue colouring, but long haired. I did find a new breed called Nebelung, which is an attempt to reintroduce the long haired Russian Blue, and he has all of the characteristics, including head formation, and personality characteristics. The Nebelung description talks about the distinctive "pantaloons" and that is Sam for sure - he looks so cute walking away or running ahead of me up the stairs. I'll have to take a picture of his back end.

http://www.catconnect.com/int/Portra...i_nebelung.htm

This description also mentions them being very intelligent, and that is where I begin to think that he is not a Nebelung after all. He may not be smart, but he's cute, so he gets away with a lot.

But who knows, he's just an adopted baby.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I can see in the Nebelung standard, his fur is a bit too long, and the classic Nebelung does not appear to have such a full mane. It is really full, to the point that people ask me if I have had him clipped in the summer.

He is very handsome. And he is very long, with long legs. So at 14 pounds, looks quite slim. To my eyes, anyway, people still seem to comment on how big he is. The thing is, Bailey, who is much shorter in body length, shorter legs, and a much smaller head, only weighs two pounds less. She is a little pudge ball.

justplainheidi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was living with my parents in NY my indoor only cat suddenly became an indoor/outdoor cat because no one but me seemed to remember to keep him inside. Sadly he went missing and was found dead under one of my neighbor's trees a few weeks later. As heartbroken as I was God truly did open a window for me. The same family that had found my Shadow were raising a family of kittens who's mother had been injured and couldn't care for them. We were able to bring all 5 of them to our house to play with and by the end of the day I decided to keep 2 and my older sister went home with one! The loss of Shadow provided 3 cats with new loving families.

This is the first photo I took of PawPaw (the one on the left) and her brother Jordan.

When I moved from NY to TX I left these two in the care of my parents because after a year together my family was much too in love with them to part with them, even for me.

Jordan

PawPaw

A little over 2 years after adopting them, the kittens we had such a tough time telling apart are so incredibly different in size. Jordan is now a 14 pound beefcake and PawPaw is a petite 6 pounder.

Unfortunately my family did not get PawPaw and Jordan spayed/neutered in time and Chloe and Gracie were the result:

(PawPaw is the top Gray and White kitty...although it's amazing how much little Gracie looks just like her).

When I moved to TX I was determined to get any colored cat except gray and white because I didn't want to replace PawPaw and Jordan. I wanted a new kitty that was completely different. But of course I fell in love with a brother/sister pair at the Austin SPCA and Cali and Chase came home with us a few days later...

(Cali's doing the licking).
The minute I spotted Chase I was in love and I've been smitten ever since.

(As smug and adorable as ever).

Gray kitties...there is no cure!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Justplainheidi -
Love your pics. Your kitties are beautiful!

You should post this one in the Caption This Contest :

The look on his face, LOL!!!

justplainheidi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments! I'm sure Chase will love to hear that you think he's so beautiful (although that may inflate his ego a bit too much)! It's funny, although he's a DSH, whenever my boyfriend translates Chase's thoughts for me, he uses a silly Russian accent and makes quite pompous comments. I guess Chase truly is a male diva!!

I'll definitely have to submit his pic to the contest. There are plenty more where that came from. He is the most smug looking, squinty eyed, camera ham that I've ever met! I'm enamored hehe

~Heidi

missatoms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already posted this picture in another thread, but I think this gorgeous little baby deserves to be in here. She's the first gray kitty I've had, and though I won't be keeping her for much longer (she's a part of an abandoned litter + mother) she has a little piece of my heart.

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Russian Blue
Sage could be Nakita's twin in this picture!!! Very cute.

Here's Nakita when she was approx. 5 months old:

Here's an updated pic:

Oh how adorable Nakita is! She does look like Sage's twin — I bet she's a lot sweeter than Sage, and not nearly as bratty!

(Sorry it took me so long to find this thread. It used to be in the Lounge
)