Greetings =)

pippicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya, my name is Steph, I am 22 years old, I share my flat with my gorgeous female tabby, Pippa who is around 8-9 years old and a little male hamster called Tootsie. (They do not get on, so are always kept apart!)

Pippa is a rescue cat who has Diabetes and I have to inject her twice a day with insulin. She also has Plasma Cell Pododermatitis and has medication for that daily as well. She was a very nervous cat when I first met her in a hospital I was staying at (she was a hospital cat) and trusted no one as had a history of people physically abusing her. But she took a shine to me, starting following me around everywhere and we became inseperable. When I left hospital, I was desperate to take her with me and the staff were very happy to let me keep her as they saw how attached we had grown, how clingy Pippa had become with me and the change in her personality. And she wasn't diagnosed with her 2 illnesses back then, so I am so relieved to have been able to take her as she may have been put to sleep as was too costly for the hospital and the local shelters (even RSPCA) may have had to put her to sleep as well as not many people want to rehome an older, unwell, costly cat.

But I love her to bits and wouldn't change her for the world! SHe is slightly overweight due to having been fed the wrong diet (she needs special diabetic food), she had food left out all day and she needs to have measured-out meals at set times to go with her injections, she was given so many scraps of food and never exercised as was too scared. But now she is slowly losing weight as loves to play! She is an indoor only cat, she is terrified of the outdoors and I am kind of grateful for that because due to her illnesses, she cannot be allowed outside due to possible injuries (with her paws) and I wouldn't know what food she may eat that she isn't allowed, plus I live near a busy road.

Geez, sorry for such a long post, hope I haven't bored any of you by now, I am just a proud cat owner!!

Nice to meet you all!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pippicat

Hiya, my name is Steph, I am 22 years old, I share my flat with my gorgeous female tabby, Pippa who is around 8-9 years old and a little male hamster called Tootsie. (They do not get on, so are always kept apart!)

Pippa is a rescue cat who has Diabetes and I have to inject her twice a day with insulin. She also has Plasma Cell Pododermatitis and has medication for that daily as well. She was a very nervous cat when I first met her in a hospital I was staying at (she was a hospital cat) and trusted no one as had a history of people physically abusing her. But she took a shine to me, starting following me around everywhere and we became inseperable. When I left hospital, I was desperate to take her with me and the staff were very happy to let me keep her as they saw how attached we had grown, how clingy Pippa had become with me and the change in her personality. And she wasn't diagnosed with her 2 illnesses back then, so I am so relieved to have been able to take her as she may have been put to sleep as was too costly for the hospital and the local shelters (even RSPCA) may have had to put her to sleep as well as not many people want to rehome an older, unwell, costly cat.

But I love her to bits and wouldn't change her for the world! SHe is slightly overweight due to having been fed the wrong diet (she needs special diabetic food), she had food left out all day and she needs to have measured-out meals at set times to go with her injections, she was given so many scraps of food and never exercised as was too scared. But now she is slowly losing weight as loves to play! She is an indoor only cat, she is terrified of the outdoors and I am kind of grateful for that because due to her illnesses, she cannot be allowed outside due to possible injuries (with her paws) and I wouldn't know what food she may eat that she isn't allowed, plus I live near a busy road.

Geez, sorry for such a long post, hope I haven't bored any of you by now, I am just a proud cat owner!!

Nice to meet you all!
Not a long post at all. We love people who can give a great introduction like you have done. You are most welcome on TCS and you are a great person for caring so much for Pippa. Where did you come up with that name? If you have a chance, please include a picture of Pippa, we have planty of people here that will tell you how to do this. You have found the best cat site there is; keep us posted!

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, Steph. Welcome to the site! I'm a new member, too. TCS is a great site and there's all kinds of great stuff going on here. You can get excellent input from other cat lovers in a mature and civilized manner. Lots of wonderful, caring, and dedicated people here.

Of course you didn't bore us with your intro. It's always nice to hear about someone who is willing to give so much time and effort to care for an animal that has the needs that Pippa has. You are lucky to have found each other.

Do post a pic of Pippa (and Tootsie,too!) if you can. We'd all like to see them.

Happy New Year! Barry

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to our community Steph and Pippa,

Please make yourselves at home.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
Milky
y Horacio
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina ,Milky & Horatio say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions