Greetings From New York

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, Capt. KitKat Jack & I joined yesterday. Stumbled across the site while looking for info on how to tell the difference between tabby or bengal markings. We adopted Jack from the local humane society just over a year ago when he was 10 months old. He loves playing with his bro, Hershey Kisses who is a miniature poodle and actually smaller now than Jack. Interested in getting Jack into modeling, he has unusual markings and a great temperament.View media item 419980View media item 419977View media item 419979

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Donnae and Capt KitKat Jack, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3117.GIF
to both of you.

Thank you for adopting him and glad that you've joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and do post under the appropriate forum headings.
Also do check out the many informative articles we have here Articles | The Cat Site

Capt KitKat Jack is lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: and do post more photos of him.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hello again! Welcome to TCS! :wave3:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, donnae! :dazzler: Pretty kitty, and the great temperament is what makes a great cat!

Thanks for adopting KitKat Jack. :catrub:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: KitKat Jack has lovely markings. Love his name. And his brothers. Guessing you are a chocolate fan. ;)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful boy! Welcome--we look forward to seeing more photos of your handsome boy. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: KitKat Jack has lovely markings. Love his name. And his brothers. Guessing you are a chocolate fan. ;)
Hello Rubysmama Although I am a chocoholic, the kids named them. It's kinda funny bc when I was younger, all my pets had chocolate names and when the kids named this generation, they had no idea. I guess they just have the chocolate Gene.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello Rubysmama Although I am a chocoholic, the kids named them. It's kinda funny bc when I was younger, all my pets had chocolate names and when the kids named this generation, they had no idea. I guess they just have the chocolate Gene.
That is funny. And, obviously, you approved of the names they came up with. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to both you and KitKat Jack (and the rest of the crew, as well!). He is the most gorgeous classic tabby, isn't he? Most people think of tabbies as more of the mackerel tabby, or "tiger" tabby, but KitKat Jack is the classic definition. Also called "blotched tabby" in some sections of the country, and "marbled tabby" by me!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, thanks for that info, we have been wondering about his background and it is funny how some people look at him and say tabby and others say part Bengal. There is a thread in the "what breed is my cat" forum that shows that. Some of his behaviors and athletics make me wonder.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to both you and KitKat Jack (and the rest of the crew, as well!). He is the most gorgeous classic tabby, isn't he? Most people think of tabbies as more of the mackerel tabby, or "tiger" tabby, but KitKat Jack is the classic definition. Also called "blotched tabby" in some sections of the country, and "marbled tabby" by me!
He looks similar to my cat Maggie who is a classic tabby. Black with grey stripes on her sides

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found Maggie in your gallery. They do look similar. One of the things I really like about Jack's markings are the diamonds on his back legs. Looks like a snake pattern.View media item 419964

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS. :hellocat: Jack is quite a showstopper! His markings are very distinct and he's extremely handsome. I bet your kids and you have a lot of fun with all his antics. Can't wait to see more pics.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, thanks for that info, we have been wondering about his background and it is funny how some people look at him and say tabby and others say part Bengal. There is a thread in the "what breed is my cat" forum that shows that. Some of his behaviors and athletics make me wonder.
He could well be, there's just no way of telling other than very expensive DNA testing. And, Bengals ARE tabbies. Tabby is a coat pattern, rather than a breed, which can further confuse the issue unless you are notoriously nosy and spend hours on the computer tracking down things like "Cat coat patterns" and such!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He could well be, there's just no way of telling other than very expensive DNA testing. And, Bengals ARE tabbies. Tabby is a coat pattern, rather than a breed, which can further confuse the issue unless you are notoriously nosy and spend hours on the computer tracking down things like "Cat coat patterns" and such!
That's something I learned here in the last few days, Bengals are tabbies, which is a coat color that can be seen in any breed if I understand it correctly. So much to learn!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's something I learned here in the last few days, Bengals are tabbies, which is a coat color that can be seen in any breed if I understand it correctly. So much to learn!
Tabby cats are not a breed. Tabby refers to a color pattern that occurs in almost any type of domestic cats.
It describes a color pattern of stripes, swirls or spots.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With Tabbies, and Torties, and Torbies, O MY!
Wait, what?!!
Jk, I did see that somewhere on the site. So I think I got it right up there, tabby is a color that can be seen in any breed (although they do remove them from the breeding program for some breeds where it is not desired, like in Russian Blues per @stefanz ). So Jack is all tabby and maybe part Bengal. Thanks all, I appreciate the input and EVERYONE's opinion. It's a fun way to learn!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's one of the things we ALL love about TCS! You find out the most amazing things here!