Greetings and salutations! ^.^

arterius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! My name's Maryam, and I'm a first-time cat owner as of this past Saturday the 24th! Being allergic and asthmatic, it's been difficult being an animal lover. My hedgehog, a grumpy little girl, passed away recently at three years of age, and I was (still am) heartbroken. Knowing I could tolerate poodles (my grandma's), I started looking into adopting one at my local shelter, but not everyone in my family was in favor of getting a dog. It was then that I came across something wonderful: the Siberian cat, which was supposedly a good choice for people with allergies. I couldn't find not one Siberian in any shelter across the entire state, so I started looking for breeders. After not being satisfied with several for a multitude of reasons, I came across one that had decades of experience and was well-informed; we set up an allergy meeting and, to my joy, everything went smoothly!  

She introduced me to a couple of kittens, and one of them, my now gorgeous boy, just stole my heart from the very beginning. He immediately started kneading and purring, and it was basically love at first sight. We placed a deposit, picked him up a month later, and made the long drive home. I remember thinking how wonderful he was as he slept most of the way home, looking out the little holes of his carrier every once in a while with curiosity. That first night in his kitty room was the worst, and he was really lonely and confused :c However, on the second day, he surprised me when he came out of hiding and started playing with his cat teaser. Ever since then, he's been asking for cuddles and tummy rubs, exploring the rest of my home, and making the cutest sounds imaginable. He hates being alone, and I'm spoiling him already! ^.^ I've been taking over-the-counter antihistamines to control my allergies, and I'm dealing with some congestion and occasional sneezing, but I couldn't be happier. 

Meet Saren, guys!

This is the picture the breeder sent me after I requested one at the end of our allergy meeting:

Just earlier today:

So yeah, I just wanted to say: I hope everyone - and their cat(s) - are having a lovely day! I look forward to seeing everyone in the forums! :)

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, he is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on finding a breed that works for you.

My husband has allergies too that's why we were looking for a Russian Blue and ended up with a Russian Blue mix. It will take some time but hubby gets used to having a cat around. We are married 25 years and the first 18 we always had at least one cat and a few dogs at one point as well. However it has been almost 5 years since our last cat so he will need to get used to being around one again. 

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
   Welcome to TCS, a wonderful site for cat lovers like us.

What a beautiful baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arterius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcomes and kitty compliments, you two! :)

He's almost exactly 4 months old and is growing at an incredible rate. I can't wait to see how big he'll get!
My husband has allergies too that's why we were looking for a Russian Blue and ended up with a Russian Blue mix. It will take some time but hubby gets used to having a cat around. We are married 25 years and the first 18 we always had at least one cat and a few dogs at one point as well. However it has been almost 5 years since our last cat so he will need to get used to being around one again. :catguy:
The best of luck to both of you! I hope everything works out okay with his allergies! :)

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your very welcome

Oh...btw... they grow very fast...I still consider Macha is a kitten 
 but the reality she is now a teenager! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your boy is a beauty.  I'm so glad that you are able to tolerate his fur fairly well.  And the love and joy he will give you is worth every benadryl capsule!

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! He is stunningly gorgeous!!! Welcome, and thanks for sharing your photos!

Last edited: