Greenies treats

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A little OT, but I have used the Greenies brand pill pockets for Patches' dewormer pills and she ate them up.

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use to work for Nutro as a rep last year. They changed the formula in both the dog and cat Greenies. The Dog Greenies are softer and flexible and much more digestible. The cat Greenies are also more digestible and break down easier in their stomachs.
People who buy Greenies for there dogs really need to look at the weight chart on the package and only give the amount it says. That is why some dogs were having problems because their humans were feeding them either to big of a bone or too many.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I give my cats even close to what it says in the package, it is diarrhea for sure! I stay away from those treats... They are trouble here in my house...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

If I give my cats even close to what it says in the package, it is diarrhea for sure! I stay away from those treats... They are trouble here in my house...
I would imagine with chicken issue s and grain issues that it would be a no go by you

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I would imagine with chicken issue s and grain issues that it would be a no go by you
Well, not necessarily... As you know, I have 3 cats... Only one allergic; but Lucky and Hope also have issues with Greenies. They love the treats, but can not deal with it. Maybe if I give less, but the first experiences were so bad (following the qty guidelines), I am not willing to take the risk .

Of course for Bugsy I do know better...

I do not feed Bugsy any chicken, so whenever I answer questions about things that have chicken, are with the feedback of my two other cats, who are not allergic to it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Well, not necessarily... As you know, I have 3 cats... Only one allergic; but Lucky and Hope also have issues with Greenies. They love the treats, but can not deal with it. Maybe if I give less, but the first experiences were so bad (following the qty guidelines), I am not willing to take the risk .

Of course for Bugsy I do know better...

I do not feed Bugsy any chicken, so whenever I answer questions about things that have chicken, are with the feedback of my two other cats, who are not allergic to it.
lol.. sounds like we had similar experiences... Mine loved them but the greenies did not love back ... Of course I know what and why after a touch of real research( also for the non allergic ones

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Chester was never much of a treat eater. He would always turn his nose up at every treat I tried. When I got some samples of the Greenies he didn't seem too fond of them either. What I found though is he just didn't like where I was trying to give them to him, on the kitchen floor. When I put them in with is food he gobbled them up. What a stinker! So far his two favorites are the Ocean Fish & Salmon.