Green Tea

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's not only how fresh it is, but the quality of the green tea. Poor quality green teas can taste like cardboard or worse. Try a good quality tea, some of the cheap tea bags really are bad.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

It's not only how fresh it is, but the quality of the green tea. Poor quality green teas can taste like cardboard or worse. Try a good quality tea, some of the cheap tea bags really are bad.
some of the cheaper ones are nasty no matter how you brew them.

I would second trying something fresher, even the ones I get wrapped individually, placed in a metal tea caddy go stale.

White tea definitely has a lighter taste that you can customise more, it may be a better starting point for green tea

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll second the advice to buy a good quality, fresh green tea and don't brew it too long. My favorite is Numi Monkey King Green Tea w/ Jasmine. I add a little Splenda. Yum!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried this with "real" tea at home, but Lipton's bottled Green Tea with Citrus is very good -- so I suspect adding enough lemon might make it taste better. Cold is also better, because you taste it less that way... and definitely don't brew it for long! That goes for all teas, in my opinion...