Green mucus in pregnant cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ebonly2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well yes of course.  I plan on prepaying for the spay out of my tax return and when the babies are weaned then I will schedule the procedure.

ebonly2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Onyx has lost her mucus plug......I am pretty sure.  She was dragging her butt on the ground which she never does and so I Got a warm wet wash clothe and cleaned her up and there was some milky white mucus........then she got mad and ran under my coffee table and start squatting and pushing (not like pee or poop stance.  I thought she was having the baby so I picked her up and rushed her to the bedroom to her nest.  She then proceeded to clean herself between her legs.  So I am guessing she has lost her mucus plug.  That was around like 3:30pm yesterday and she still hasn't had her babies.  I read that it can take up to 12-24 hours to go into labor so I am hoping she will have them today.  She has been having contractions on and off but not very strong.  But she has stopped eating now as of yesterday after puking quite a bit of food up.  She is only drinking small amounts of water......but is still walking all around the house.  So I am confused.  I read that cat's usually sleep a lot before having the babies.  But she just isn't.

ebonly2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right come on Onyx and Molli!!!!  We wanna see our babies.

ebonly2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
GO MOLLI!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

ebonly2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I give up.  She has lost her mucus pluf like 2 days ago and has been having big contractions periodically for like 3-4 days.  There is no mucus discharge and the babies are moving all around.  And I talked to my vet and all he said was she will be fine unless I see a green discharge or stop feeling the babies move for more than 24 hours.  So I am going insane.  I really thought she was in labor tonight so I locked her in my room where her nest, food, water, and litter box (yes I finally talk my husband into letting me put a litter box in there) but then it started to get really cold in there and it is just gonna get worse as the door stays closed and I don't want the babies to freeze to death when born so she is just walking all over the house again.  She doesn't even seem much different.  She hasn't been as lovey dovey for the past couple of days and not wanting to cuddle with me, but nothing else different.  Earlier like around 4pm CST I noticed where she was laying on my bed was little spots dried of a white substance which I am guessing in discharge because it was also found where she was laying prior to that as well.  Her vagina is protruded and looks like it has lips which it didn't look like that the day before yesterday or yesterday EARLY morning so I don't know what that means.  She isn't incessantly licking herself or anything.  And is still eating everything in sight.  Her stomach is now 18" around and mind you she is normally an anorexic looking cat.  I looked at a pregnancy calender and she should have been due a week ago......but the vet said (exactly 2 weeks ago) that it would be a week but at the most 2 weeks left.  Well here is two weeks gone and nothing.  I don't know what to do.  Someone help me understand this and not just tell me take her to the vet.  She is acting healthy and semi active, but seems to jump up on less things than normal.  I NEED HELP!!!!!  I am going insane waiting.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as with human women, there are really only 2 choices: 1.) Something is wrong and medical care is needed, or 2.) The babies will come when they come. There isn't anything else to say or do, unfortunately :dk:. Just keep in contact with your vet.