TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will look those up:) thank you

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to feed my kitten only raw or wet food, but those are a little bit expensive and sometimes I am on a buget and I can't afford to do so. He eats mostly wet food, but sometimes gets his nose into the dry food that is always available for him.
Thats why I would love to give him a good dry food too.
I will check those two out. Thank you.
I just wanted to add here, in my opinion as well as the opinion of many other member's on here, the cheapest, lowest quality wet food is better than the highest quality dry food. Why? Two things: moisture, and low carbohydrates. Cats need moisture in their food because they have a low thirst drive, do with dry food kitties can end up with kidney problems or become chronically dehydrated. I would recommend Friskies pate, as least. It is pretty inexpensive. Just avoid the sliced and cubed stuff because it has wheat gluten in it. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, thank you for your answers:)
I do feed my kitten wet food, he eats it in the morning and at night. He right now can't eat dry food. For some reason everytime that he eats dry he throws up. Maybe its the food ( i didn't like ir from the beginning...wellness kitten). I will start giving him a bit of dry to see if hes ok with the new onr. (petcurean GO).
Is it normal for him to drink very little water when he only eats wet food?
I give him dry because sometimes Im on a budget and maybe I don't have money for wet. But usually dry food is out during the night for him to eat.
I tried soulistic wet and he loved it...he can't get enough:)

sallylucygracie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat eats Natural Balance Ultra for indoor cats and does great on it.  Her coat is beautiful from it so I recommend it to everyone.  For wet food, which I feed once a day, I they have these stews with gravy called Delectable Delights that are her new favorite.

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to petco once and a lady from natural balance was there. She gave me a lot of samples but my kitten wouldn't eat it.
Because he started throwing up her wellness dry food I am starting him now on petcurean Go and he loves it. We'll see later.

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weruva is like Soulistic. If he likes Soulistic, he might like Weruva too! It's one of the best commercial cat foods, IMO. Real meat, no byproducts. Grain free! :D

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, i was looking into it, but just a couple of stores carry and they aren't that close, I have to go there this weekend.

Kristi01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, the Epigen90 is complete and balanced for both dogs and cats, meaning it is supplemented with the right amount of taurine for cats, so dogs will do fine on it, and it has everything it needs for cats.

I wouldn't add a supplement.
It is an awesome food high protein low carb at 5.5%carbs with enzymes..and probiotics.you c an find on Amazon 30bucks for 20 pounds

Kristi01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, that's a tough question. :lol3:

Cats are obligate carnivores. This means that they need a high protein diet - and they have zero requirement for carbohydrates. But with kibble, you basically have to have some carbs, and most kibble actually has quite a bit.

In the end, it really depends on what your budget is. Wysong has a starch-free and (almost carb-free) kibble, called Epigen90. If dry food isn't a big part of your kitty's diet, maybe you can afford to feed it. :dk: Wysong Epigen™ Starch Free™ Dog Food, Cat Food, Pet Food

Next to that, one of the highest protein, lowest carb dry foods is EVO chicken & turkey: Meat- and Poultry-Based Pet Food – Premium Dog Food, Cat Food, Ferret Food, Dog Treats – EVO Pet Products

But if you can, it's actually healthiest for your kitty to feed no dry food at all: Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition – Common Sense. Healthy Cats.

You can find epigen 90 on Amazon 30bucks for 20 pounds

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can find epigen 90 on Amazon 30bucks for 20 pounds
This is a very old post, my baby was 6 months whenI asked about the food, unfortunately he passed away about 3months ago:(

Status
Not open for further replies.