Great Cat's Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of kitty names end in "y". By my rough count, this is #43! Seven "Yasmine", seven "Yolanda" and two each for "Yin" and "Yan". I think there were a couple of other repeats, as well.

So ... Yancey

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ThondolaR (Thondolar was a character in the Clan of the Cave Bear series of books).

mogfoster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've given kittens 'baby names' before they get adopted.

This year, I picked on a great-grandfather who had five forenames (his parents were playing games with their last baby's names - the initials spelt out an alternative spelling for the title he was born to):

Gustav (cream), Roger (red stripey) -skip two names - Ferdinand (cream) and then, he had two wives, one in the US (he dashed off to join the Union Army when the Civil War broke out) Medora (my little tux girl - she's adorable!) and one in Denmark, Mathilde (tortoiseshell) who was actually Swedish.  Just like the kittens, and despite the title, he was very much a mutt himself, with forebears from the Caribbean, India, Imperial Russia and all sorts!  The names are special to me, tho I don't expect their families to keep them. 

Status
Not open for further replies.