Grateful

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I really am just asking what people feel and think of this question?
To all of us that have rescued a stray/feral, do you think they can feel grateful?

I was looking at my Bella tonight and she just laid there on her couch and she let me kiss her head so many times and never batted an eye.
I always go in and kiss her before I leave to go to work and tell her I am going to our used to be place ( because work is where we met)
and she just lets me love on her.. it is just amazing.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So I really am just asking what people feel and think of this question?
To all of us that have rescued a stray/feral, do you think they can feel grateful?

I was looking at my Bella tonight and she just laid there on her couch and she let me kiss her head so many times and never batted an eye.
I always go in and kiss her before I leave to go to work and tell her I am going to our used to be place ( because work is where we met)
and she just lets me love on her.. it is just amazing.
Definitely! A stray/feral who has human contacts outside and maybe friendly does not and cannot be compared to the one that was rescued and was given warm home with food and lots of love. Definitely the rescued is grateful as strays/ferals cannot and will not experience such love given by the human as compared being outdoors and indoors and not to mention the companionship you spend with them at home where you can't spent that amount of time outside with them.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Tough question because my intellectual,academic side will reply - no,not really gratitude but dependency & security

My heart tells me that cats are loyal companions and become bonded with their humans----being most comfortable and fond of a particular person they are "theirs" so if that loyalty equates to gratitude then yeah

I like to think my cats " love me" but I know one thing for sure- I love them and am very grateful they chose me,they give much more unconditional kind of love than any human I know