Grand Theft Auto

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try out the driver series of games. They're pretty fun, and the later ones do have some violence in them, but I don't think its as bad as GTA. NFS: UG2 is a good choice. You get to drive around everywhere and mod up your car. BTW GTA is junk...

Later,
Brandon

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband rented the new Grand Theft Auto and I have NEVER laughed so hard in my entire life. Although the language and violence would not be appropriate for children it was too funny to watch my husband steal cars and bikes and basically kill everyone in his path.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to like Rage Racer for the PS1. It didn't have any violence in it, it was a racing game - you could set up how much damage the cars sustained if you hit anything (easy to hard). It was great - you could race around like a complete maniac!!!. All the things I couldn't do when I was really driving (I'm a cautious driver in real life).

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

I think they have xbox, we have PC and my son wants something that will allow driving like GTA. The driving isn't the issue with GTA, it's the crimes. I think the kids like it so much because it's so realistic. I liked it because I was able to play around with the driving without hurting anyone. DH couldn't drive with it at all.
So are your nephews coming to visit with the Xbox or are you trying to find something specifically for your PC? For the Xbox there's:

Midnight Club II (lots of city block driving)
Midtown Madness 3 (lots of city block driving)
The Simpsons: Hit & Run (modeled after gta, so still has lots of violence)
Burnout 3: Takedown (track based racing, but really fast and crazy)
Crazy Taxi: High Roller (tons of city cab driving fun)

For the PC:

Midnight Club II
The Simpsons: Hit & Run

For both systems there are lots of good racing games, but they are track based. For more on either of them you can have a detailed look here: http://www.gamespot.com/user/advsear...lnav_advsearch
I recommend only selecting one year at a time (then pressing the back button to swithc years) and setting the gamespot score to 7. Anything less than a seven could be a stinker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both. Something for PC for our home and something to take to the nephews this summer for xbox. I'll look at those xbox games.