Gracie needs vibes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::D Day by day, hour by hour things sound like they are improving!!! :jump: I have been so concerned for your sweet old lady and for you, Carolina. Always on my mind :hugs::hugs::hugs: AND I loved your earlier comment and SOO true "I will just let her take my by the paw!!" Bless you for what you are doing for Gracie. She is truly a fighter, just like her meowmy :heart3: I DO believe this is a worthy battle and can be won. AND as you say - she will know she is loved more than anything in the world, the way you are caring for her right now, this very moment. THIS is probably THE most LOVE Gracie has had in her entire life :nod: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:

More of these every minute of the day for your sweet (cranky, :lol3:) girl.... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stable!:clap: Follow up in two weeks! :banana1: I am thrilled to read this news! You have done such a great job with her Carolina, feel proud!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :heart3: :hugs:
:clap::clap::clap::D Day by day, hour by hour things sound like they are improving!!! :jump: I have been so concerned for your sweet old lady and for you, Carolina. Always on my mind :hugs::hugs::hugs: AND I loved your earlier comment and SOO true "I will just let her take my by the paw!!" Bless you for what you are doing for Gracie. She is truly a fighter, just like her meowmy :heart3: I DO believe this is a worthy battle and can be won. AND as you say - she will know she is loved more than anything in the world, the way you are caring for her right now, this very moment. THIS is probably THE most LOVE Gracie has had in her entire life :nod: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:
More of these every minute of the day for your sweet (cranky, :lol3:) girl.... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:yeah: Aw Carolina.... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I have to agree with Gail and Lauren.... I know it was a very dark, difficult time - but the light that's shining now is so bright! :sun: :sun: :sun:

Keeping up the vibes for you and your cranky - but VERY LOVED - sr. girl! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :heart3:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad things are looking up for your crankly old girl.  I, for one, swear by Miralax.  It has worked wonders for my grumpy old guy, Sven.  I give him 1/4 teas. twice a day, and do this religiously...have for over 2 years now.  I just mix it in about a teaspoon of water and mix that into his canned food.  If, for some reason, he refuses his food for a day or two, it really shows in his litterbox straining, and takes a few days to start working again, but it's certainly been a life saver for him (probably literally). 

Anyway, continued
for Gracie and
for you. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please continue to send all the vibes you can her way.... she needs them all and then some....
Her breathing is doing quite well, but her eating is lacking severely. I did try to syringe-feed her twice today - the first time was a little better... the second not so much. :( She is determined not to eat :( I am hoping by tomorrow her appetite is better, or else I am really at a loss here. I did get pedialyte, and I am mixing her food with it. She is not drinking water either.... I got as much food as I could into her, but again, not as much as needs it.... probably close.... She got very very stressed on both feedings.... On the first time she urinated all over me - that is a huge sign of fear. On the second, her breathing became very heavy, and she took a long time to recover. Not a full on attack, but still, not something that should be done with a cardiac kitty. If she doesn't show improvement by morning, I am getting stronger appetite stimulants tomorrow, as her vet is off Thursday..... My poor little girl, sometimes I just feel I am torturing her.... I say I am sorry.... I beg her to eat.... Please eat for momma....:Kitty Food::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rbheart: RIP Gracie :rbheart:
Gracie had a strange attack tonight after going to the litterbox... It was not trying to breath.... This was her heart that was too weak I think... :bawling: She would start jumping/jerking her legs at each heart beat :bawling: I calmed her down in a few minutes... She got better and moved to the corner.... She then screamed a couple of times - that's when I ran with her to the ER vet that's only a couple of blocks away.... I don't think I even had my seatbelts on... But it was too late, they entubated her, but they said she was pretty much gone on arrival :bawling:
I just feel awful.... I feel she suffered so much for nothing.... And in the end, she died in the ER room, away from her mommy :bawling:
I love you Gracie.... I am so sorry..... I will never, Ever forget you sweet girl.... You will be loved forever..... :heart3:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina i'm so sorry to be reading your last post 

RIP GRACIE

I'll close this thread now, and in your own time, when your ready we'll help you send Gracie across the Bridge 

Status
Not open for further replies.