Grabbed by an EAGLE!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard that the owls will do that to, my sis-in-law opened her front door one evening and her female cat was right in front of her on the porch and here came an owl and grabbed meow meow, she was lucky also to get away

And they talk about shooting cats for getting the birds
although most of those birds are protected
Not trying to start anything here either, just a comment,

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is one of the things that scares me the most about letting my cats outside. Just last week I started a thread here about how I freaked out when Sheba didn't come home for a couple of hours after I called and called, then I saw an eagle on the tideflats right below our property eating something black. Thankfully, Sheba showed up right after that. But living on the bay, we have eagles around all the time. Like daily. For about seven years a pair had a nest just three blocks from here. They moved this year, but they still end up sitting in one of the tall hemlock or spruce trees on the vacant lot next to mine almost daily. Scary!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad talked to his ex again and found out some details.

Well, the bad news is Blackie was NOT taken to the vet. Also, he is still an indoor-outdoor cat.
I didn't get my hopes up that that would change. He still plays in the same field he got picked up from.

When it happened, my dad's ex saw the whole thing. Blackie was grabbed by the eagle, but twisted and turned like a cat does when they are trying to get away. The eagle dropped him in the woods across the street. She ran into the woods to find him. He was just lying there. She picked him up and brought him in the house. He didn't even move for about 24 hours.

The good news is that he has healed well as far as she can tell and his behavior is back to normal.

Thank all of you for your good thoughts and prayers. Prayers for his continued recovery (no residual effects) will be greatly appreciated.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

When we were at a gas station in Alaska one summer, Mike and I saw this man take this little poodle dog out for a walk in a nearby field. Suddenly a great swoop of wings, and the pup was lifted off the ground and the eagle flew off with him.
The man didn't have the puppy on a lead) they had been traveling in a motor home.
Same thing kind of almost happened to us. My ex and I were on a hilltop in Hawaii about 24 years ago, (He was in the USMC) and we were having dinner/picnic overlooking the island. Well, our new puppy, Scruffy, was playing near us in the grass, chasing fireflies. All of a sudden, Dave and I hear a SWOOP/FLAP FLAP FLAP and this HUGE bird (it's dusk out) comes out of no where and swoops down on Scruff!
I let out a blood curdling scream and lunged at Scruffy. The bird flew off, but both Dave and I knew what the bird was after. Never went to that hill again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Same thing kind of almost happened to us. My ex and I were on a hilltop in Hawaii about 24 years ago, (He was in the USMC) and we were having dinner/picnic overlooking the island. Well, our new puppy, Scruffy, was playing near us in the grass, chasing fireflies. All of a sudden, Dave and I hear a SWOOP/FLAP FLAP FLAP and this HUGE bird (it's dusk out) comes out of no where and swoops down on Scruff!
I let out a blood curdling scream and lunged at Scruffy. The bird flew off, but both Dave and I knew what the bird was after. Never went to that hill again!
That is so scary! Your quick reflexes saved Scruffy's life!