Got the same problem ?

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to know why a cat has to be in bed with you.I mean Bella is a loving cat but everytime I go to bed or lay on the couch and she has to be up my butt. Laying on my chest and my hip and I just can't move in the middle of the night.I love on her all the time and she is not mistreated at all.

dejolane

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She loves you and trusts you. Most cats like to pile up with their loved ones, whether it is humans or other cats or other animals. They love to be warm, and they are very tactile oriented. My cats all sleep in bed with me, one in my arms, one at the back of my neck, and one under the covers curled into my stomach or at the back of my knees. And yes, I find myself doing all sorts of contortions when I have to move or get up in the night, to avoid disturbing them. :lol3:

Any time I sit down at my desk or on the couch, one or more come over to get on me. It's just what cats do. I've never considered it a problem. Bella loves you and that's a good thing.

Last edited:

venuskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats are better about shuffling around to accommodate their human than others. I had a cat growing up who tried to sleep in my bed one night (she usually slept with someone else who was not around that night) and she would hiss and claw at me if I tried to move at all- on a twin sized mattress, no less! Now that my husband and I have a nice big king size and a much friendlier cat, sleeping with her around is good.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ours just gets annoyed if we move around in the bed, disturbing his perfect positioning which took many rotations to accomplish.  He will saunter off for some other comfortable place in the house where he can be alone.  He has a low tolerance for being displaced once settled in. 

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Da Magpie MUST be under the blankets when it gets colder, Da Lip does the blanket thing too but only for a bit, then he moves to just the perfect position to drape his tail over my head and Blue just snuggles up to Da Lip. When Jack and Tippy come inside, they also sleep on the bed, pushing me over to the edge of the bed. Don't complain - try sleeping with 70 odd pounds of cats.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I only sleep with 40 or so pounds. Even so, I quite often find myself with only a few inches of space to sleep in. (See my post, Fur Pile.)

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I turned down the heat at night to 61.  And it's not just to save money, it's to ensure that Ritz (and, now, Twiddledee) sleep with me.

Twiddledee is a cat I am fostering, perhaps long term.  Ritz had never been around another cat in the three years since I had her; she is around the same age as Tdee (3 years old).

Now Twiddledee sleeps with me.  I am "training" him to sleep by my feet.  The space in between my legs is reserved exclusively for Ritz, and I need Twiddledee to know that.

And, I have a twin size bed.

denneamarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both of my furry ones sleep with me at night. I have a 3 year old (well in two months he'll be three) orange & white mackerel striped male tabby (Harlow) and then a 6 month ( well 6 months on the 11th) female kitten who, I believe is a dilute calico with white and some mackerel markings on her tail and one of her legs (Sadie/Sadie Mae)...But they love to sleep with me at night. Sadie will actually walk back and forth between my living room and bedroom once it gets to be "bedtime" for me until I go into my room change for bed and actually lay down. Then she curls up wherever she finds comfortable. She'll normally wake me up part way through the night though by "tapping" me on the shoulder with her paw until I lift the covers so she can crawl under and curl up next to my knees. Harlow, who didn't sleep with me for the first month that I had Sadie, likes to sleep on my dresser or the foot of my bed for part of the night and then during the middle of the night will come to bed and position himself so the upper half of his body is laying on my shoulder/neck area and the rest is on the bed. He then will give me kisses and start to groom me (licking my eyebrows and hair line) before settling in to sleep. Although, the rough tongue isn't the most welcoming feeling at 4am, it is nice to have the kitties curl up next to me at night. Below are pictures of my babies....

maybe someone can tell me what exact phrasing I would use to describe Sadie....i'm at a loss of what to call her. I'm not sure if she's a calico or a tortie or torbie

Last edited:

kat013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can move in the middle of the night, just roll or lift your cat off of you.  It's not like there's a 90-pound Malamute trying to sleep on you.  

One of my cats is a total lap cat, but spends very little time on my bed if I'm in it; the other won't lap-sit at all but sleeps next to me almost all night long. Sometimes she gets too close to my head and her tail or paws touch my face, so I have to pick her up and move her down some.  Sometimes she doesn't take that hint and just leaves the bed.

Be happy that your cat loves you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catspaw66,

Bella doesn't weight more than 10-15 pounds I think. She is skinny. (and yes I do feed her) I don't mind her laying on the bed at night, or on my hip. Sometimes I don't feel her on my hip at night.

dejolane

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trust me I just got my cat and I'm losing sleep cause she wants attention at 6:30 in the morning and I don't go to sleep till around 2 or 3 or even 4 in the morning cause I woke up at 6:30 cause of 4 paws and somefurry body one my chest and I didn't feel her one it and she weighs between 8 and 12 pounds and really skinny with a small stomach one her.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
denneamarie,

Your little female would be considered a tortie or torby if she has any tabby markings, though of the muted variety.  Adorable kitties you have.