Got some health insurance for Tiggy...

lucky luke

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agreed, anything related to URI's won't be covered; (As it's a pre existing condition due to the feline herpes) but anything else (including dental) is covered up to $200.00 under the plan I selected + kenneling fees (should I be hospitalized), etc...

Time will tell if it's worth the $20.00 a month, at least I feel like I'm being proactive!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it is worth it... I have all mine under insurance, except for Gracie, which I should be getting soon under another company who will be covering her (not all companies cover a 12 yr old with Thyroid problems).
The best thing I have done was to get insurance... It has paid itself over and over again.
The herpes thing - was he diagnosed by a vet before? Is it on the records?
I guess now it is too late anyways...
Regardless, if you keep him on Lysine, chances are you are not going to have problems with URIs anyways... At least not often or serious.
Good for you!

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wish I could have had Attitude insured and wish I could get Nuts insured but no one is willing to insure leukemia positive cats. Nuts is actually healthy, I can't remember him ever being sick a day in his life. Attitude was another story but ya'll already know that.

I'm glad he got insurance, if I ever get a healthy animal they will certainly be insured from now on.

Taryn