Got Siberian?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know you are planning to start a cattery. Is this a male and a female from different litters?
Yes, they are from didferent litter!! We’d better check on that cuz dont wanna have incest going on here lol
And, thank you for noticing that i am preparing for my own cattery :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your plans to keep your male and female separate and to control when you have kittens?

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are your plans to keep your male and female separate and to control when you have kittens?
Yes.., I will separate them when Gaia (female) is in heat. I am going to wait until she becomes one year and a half. That would be my ideal plan :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You’ll need to take more precautions than that. Male cats can tell when females are in heat well before you can, and will mate them quickly. Also, your cat may have silent heats altogether, which you would never notice.

Do you have a breeding mentor?

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You’ll need to take more precautions than that. Male cats can tell when females are in heat well before you can, and will mate them quickly. Also, your cat may have silent heats altogether, which you would never notice.

Do you have a breeding mentor?
Hummm.. that sounds scary.. silent heat eh..? I should study more about it and pay way more attention..

I have been looking for one more montor here in usa since mine is in Russia... sent out mails to few that I found but no luck, so am thinking to reach out to TICA or CFA mentor program.. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely find someone who can advise you and lives close by.

You will not necessarily know if your cat is in heat. Once they are beyond 6 months old, I wouldn’t leave them alone at all without supervision.

If you aren’t ready to get into breeding, that’s ok. You can always spay/neuter these cats, get involved in the breed community through attending shows and showing your cats, and revisit breeding when you feel prepared. Lives are at risk, so it’s essential that you are prepared for any possibility.

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely find someone who can advise you and lives close by.

You will not necessarily know if your cat is in heat. Once they are beyond 6 months old, I wouldn’t leave them alone at all without supervision.

If you aren’t ready to get into breeding, that’s ok. You can always spay/neuter these cats, get involved in the breed community through attending shows and showing your cats, and revisit breeding when you feel prepared. Lives are at risk, so it’s essential that you are prepared for any possibility.
Thank you very much for your advice!! I will def keep that in my mind!!:)