Got my foster queen! (pics, too!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha, okay, okay, the baby gate will not work! It's already in the mail so we'll go ahead and keep it. We planned to put it up in the hallway anyway, primarily to slow everyone down rather than prevent leaving. They are FAST, especially that Stan!

I love Catatraz! Do you put your fosters between the bed and the door? Or is that just the picture? We may be making a stop at Home Depot this weekend, though I don't know if we will get that fancy with the door and the lock. :-)

Mama has got the nastiest case of diarrhea ... I thought it was weird that she was drinking SO much water. Back to the rescue on Friday to see what's up. If my boss had not scheduled a 3pm meeting, I could get it done today. ::grumble:: Meanwhile, off to get some canned pumpkin!

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh it will definitely slow them down just not contain them all the way. 

Haha yes Catatraz is a bit above and beyond. It was my idea to build something permanent since I have foster kittens so often but I admit my ab-fab brother did all the manual labor. The door was his genius idea! 

They do live in the area between the bed and the sliding glass door until about 5 weeks, at which point they get run of the bedroom and then run of the whole apartment. After a few litters I just learned it's much easier to start with confinement and then slowly expand their space. The crate serves as the nest/den and Mom can easily get out by jumping onto the bed. It's pretty small digs over here but catatraz seems to work well! It looks small but it's actually a pretty nice size run and ensures that everyone stays safe until they are big enough to explore on their own! 

That sucks that your Momma isn't feeling well but at least you can get her in with the vet tomorrow. Are you planning on taking the kittens too? I always do just to be on the safe side. It would be awful if they wanted to check them over too and you had to go back and get them!

Vibes that all goes well tomorrow!

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, definitely took all the kittens. Roundworm and URIs for all, yipee! 
 At least it is fish-flavored oral meds (URI) or infrequent (roundworm, but just treating mom), but it's gonna be fun in this house for a few days!

They said the poop being extra-stinky may not have anything to do with the roundworm. Any thoughts on that? She is pretty scrawny (~6lbs, I would guess that she is healthy at 8-10lbs). I really dislike dry food, but I've been feeding her Taste of the Wild dry and she eats what the kittens eat for wet - either Authority or Triumph kitten mixed with some KMR. She does have a good appetite. I'm happy to experiment on other foods but don't really want to buy a ton of food that may or may not change anything.

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh, I'd say we're doing pretty well... 

We've been having issues with mama cat poop, to make a long story short. She just got a coccidia (sp?) treatment today, so I am hoping that this helps to begin to resolve her issues. She has been gaining weight despite whatever bug is going on, so I'm happy for that. The kittens are growing like weeds, they are now 6 weeks old and will be eligible for spay/neuter and adoption at the end of the month. The sleeping girl pictured is really trying to make herself a foster failure. My cats watch the kittens suspiciously from the crack in the door - Stanley is fearless and sticks his paw through the crack in the door, to say hello, even when my boys are hissing! (They are closely supervised and we take him away, such a silly boy!)

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww they have grown a lot! So sweet looking at that age!! So glad to hear the queen is doing better! Love the pictures :D