Got an interview in the morning at the hospital....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Rock&Fluff'smom
Ohh my..this is gonna be hard!! LOL Thank goodness my cats aren't shedding too bad for now..
Wrap some scotch tape around your fingers on your way out the door and use that to get the fur off you.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They told us to not carry a purse at an interview. Put your papers--resume, notes, etc.--in a portfolio with a black or blue erasable pen. Make sure all your information for filling out an application are in your notes. Then just carry the portfolio with you. It looks much more professional and you don't have to remember your purse, just the portfolio. I kept copies of my resume, notes for questions and applications, thank you cards (which you fill out either in the waiting room or just outside or in your car and walk promptly back in a deliver them), and my IDs in the portfolio with a pad of paper and a black erasable pen. The thank you cards really blow people away because they don't expect them.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also, have your social security number on you. I think a nice pair of pants and shirt is a good idea. I agree, do not carry a purse. We won't even consider anyone who is not dressed nicely and is neat and tidy. No matter what job you apply for, they are still looking for a professional manner.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH Kathy! That is wonderful! I'm so happy that you're happy!
You'll do just fine in the interview. Just be yourself! That's the most important thing, I think. If someone comes in talking "all professional", but yet doesn't sound professional...it's a big turn off. So, just be your cheerful self and ask questions about the position. They always want someone who is eager to learn about what the position is about.

Good luck Hon! BTW, the khaki's and buttondown shirt sounds good to me.
Let us know what happens, ok?

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i sure hope your interview goes well, im sure if you are relaxed and be yourself you will do fine, i will send some fibes to them to hire you
keeping my fingers crossed for ya.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to get on here for a few minutes before I head off to get ready...I have 3 hours until my interview and I am not even nervous...maybe a tiny bit, but I have a good feeling about it...