Got a few questions (sorry Cat noob)

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, Your kitty is really cute.

I have the EXACT same situation as you. I live in NYC where I have to share a two bedroom with 3 people. My friend/roomate lives in our dining room and he has mild cat allergies (as well as other allergies) My room is the master bedroom but I dont have my own bathroom. It is about 13 by 15 feet so it is a good size. I only let my two cats out when no one is home because they are careless with the door and I dont trust them with my babies. They are good guys but not animal lovers. I purchases alot of cat furniture to keep them occupied. I have a loft bed from ikea with my desk underneath it and under my desk I have two litter boxes. I also have a day bed with drawers undeneath so there is no need for a dresser. Over the day bed I recently built a large loft with a carpeted platform. I put there food up there and their beds so they have somewhere else to hang. I have 4 cat tree's/furniture. One 40 inch high with single decker condo and perch at top, One 60 inch with a single condo and perch at top, one 60 inch with double decker condo and perch at top and one three level perch with no condo. They are happy and occasionaly beg to go in the rest of the apartment but not too often. I let them out for about 4 hours a week to run around in the rest of the apartement. They also travel with me to my parents house in upstate NY where they get the run of the entire house. I also have two windows that they can look out and I build padded perches for them lay on as they look out the windows. One room can be big enough for multible cats but you have to make VERY efficient use of your space. I suggest you look into getting a loft bed to better utilize your space. Ikea has a very inexpensive metal full size bed loft frame that I purchased. I also have lots of beds and toys so they have their pick everyday. Having the cats confied to one rool is doable but you must put thought into it and make sure they have lots to do. Verticle space is very important.