Got a favorite wine?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White Zinfandale is my favorite.

I also like Shiraz, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and a few others. I like mostly sweeter,lighter wines.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[Another is "Moscato d'Oro," from Robert Mondavi. That's probably near the top of the price list, but still not expensive.

This is my all time favorite wine. It's syrupy sweet - just how I like my wine. Give me a bubbly muscat and well, that's even better!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, being from New Zealand, we have so many choices of wines to choose from. I couldn't name one favourite but some of my favourites have been from the Monkey Bay range (you can buy this in the US)

I also like Asti Spumante and Asti Mondoro. No idea who makes it.

I rarely drink wine and I have to be in the right mood for it, but when I do drink alcoholic beverages (quite rare) I will go for a feijoa schnapps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chadsgirl374

This is my all time favorite wine. It's syrupy sweet - just how I like my wine. Give me a bubbly muscat and well, that's even better!
We visited the Mondavi winery, and the workers there said they liked the Moscato d'Oro, too.

Bubbly muscats? Asti Spumante and that "Altus Spumante" I mentioned. The Altus Spumante, if you can find it, is around $8 per bottle.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite whine: "Steeeeve......take out the garbage!"

Oops, you said wine. In that case, I'd have to say the best wines that I've ever had were the ones we sampled in Paris last month. Poully Fume comes to mind and I haven't been able to find it in the states. We actually found a great bottle for 3 euros that was better than most we find in the states.

I prefer non-dry wines that are on the thirst quenching side. Something slightly fruity without the heavy oak undertone. Prefer whites and blushes over heavy reds.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My favorite whine: "Steeeeve......take out the garbage!"

Oops, you said wine. In that case, I'd have to say the best wines that I've ever had were the ones we sampled in Paris last month. Poully Fume comes to mind and I haven't been able to find it in the states. We actually found a great bottle for 3 euros that was better than most we find in the states.

I prefer non-dry wines that are on the thirst quenching side. Something slightly fruity without the heavy oak undertone. Prefer whites and blushes over heavy reds.
We are kindred spirits - I posted, "Not tonight, dear. I have a headache!"

My favorite wine is Pinot Grigio and any Spanish red wine.

My favorite winery is Bully Hill Winery in Hammondsport, NY in the Finger Lakes district. Walter S. Taylor founded it after his uncles threw him out of Taylor Winery. When Coke bought Taylor, they sued Walter from using his name for Bully Hill. He personally used a black magic marker to black out his last name on the current wines and copyrighted the Walter S. (splotch) name. The wine is pretty good, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pouilly Fume is pretty common, as is Pouilly Fuisse. We had a good bottle of Fume in a restaurant in New Orleans. I've seen it in wine stores.

Wine is not a profit center in France as it is in restaurants in the U.S.