Goodbye To Tigsy

MrsFox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
D6B0A6DB-C777-400E-8ADC-5C94E883A685.jpeg D5E45145-0A9A-458C-BEBF-EFBA14C7AA58.jpeg 4FC93078-417C-4B68-9BDC-578606DCCB91.jpeg Goodbye to Tigsy; our amazing tabby boy, who we lost to liver cancer in May 2017.

Tigsy was adopted as Tigger from a local rescue, in October 2007, aged 4. He’d been overlooked as he was very introverted and shy, he never presented himself to prospective owners. As soon as I heard this, I burst into tears and said for them to chuck him in a box for me! And I’m so glad they did.

He brought me so much happiness in the time we were together and he should’ve had many more years. He never settled around new men and was very frightened of feet so I suspect he’d been kicked in the past. He was an absolutely devoted companion to me and he adored my sister. He was a great big hulking gentle giant who loved a snooze on our bed, a stroll round the garden to see our rabbits, and a tickle under the chin.

In February 2017, I noticed that he’d been losing some weight. Tests came back inconclusive and it was suggested that he may have some form of inflammatory bowel disease or pancreatitis. Exploratory surgery revealed that he had multiple tumours in his liver, wall of his stomach and other organs. There was nothing further that could be done for him and I brought him home to recover and spoil. I’d hoped we might have months left together but sadly it wasn’t meant to be. Only two weeks after his surgery, I made the decision to help him across to rainbow bridge as I could see he was finding it difficult to get around as his abdomen was swollen and he was slowing down.

He died in my arms on a bright Saturday morning, very peacefully. I was absolutely devastated, I can barely believe it’s happened, even now. He was such a wonderfully special guy who made every day better. He left fur everywhere which I still find now, like he’s sending it from kitty heaven!

He deserved many more years than the 13 he had, almost 10 of them with me. Whoever put him in rescue did me the biggest favour, as he could not have been more loved by anyone else. I wish he’d never known sadness or abandonment, but I hope that the years we spent together helped to make him see that there are good humans out there, and he had two who loved him to the moon and back. We love you Tigsy cat, and cherish every day we spent together xx

Mashkasheli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Tigsy was such a beautiful cat. He looks so happy and content, I can only imagine what a wonderful life he had with you, and how much you loved each other. The loss of our angels is unbearable and since I just lost my Sheleg 3 weeks ago I know that I don't have the right words to say. I don't even know what to say. But I can say that I understand the incredible pain you went and are going through. The longing, the incredible sadness you feel. Tigsy had a wonderful life with you, and you were so lucky to have found each other. You even decided, no matter how hard it was to put him out of his pain and suffering, knowing how hard it would be for you, and I think that is a big gift we can give to our pets. Again I am very sorry for your loss of your beautiful cat, Tigsy. May he rest in peace.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsFox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Tigsy was such a beautiful cat. He looks so happy and content, I can only imagine what a wonderful life he had with you, and how much you loved each other. The loss of our angels is unbearable and since I just lost my Sheleg 3 weeks ago I know that I don't have the right words to say. I don't even know what to say. But I can say that I understand the incredible pain you went and are going through. The longing, the incredible sadness you feel. Tigsy had a wonderful life with you, and you were so lucky to have found each other. You even decided, no matter how hard it was to put him out of his pain and suffering, knowing how hard it would be for you, and I think that is a big gift we can give to our pets. Again I am very sorry for your loss of your beautiful cat, Tigsy. May he rest in peace.

MrsFox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, and my condolences on the sad loss of Sheleg. The pain eases in time and rather than feel sad that they’ve gone, you’ll feel grateful that the were in your life XX

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course he basked in the love and family you gave him over the years, and I truly believe he IS sending that hair from the Rainbow Bridge to bring you comfort and his love! You saved him from that shelter, and he will be eternally grateful. You showed him what it was like to be loved and for that he gave you his heart. You shared his life for ten years, and you somehow found the strength to end the pain and suffering that he definitely did not deserve. You forged an incredibly strong bond of love over the years, link by link, and connected to your soul. He loved you both above all others, and would not want to be remembered in pain and sorrow. Go into the future secure in his love, and know he will always be nearby, his new journey will forever follow yours until the end of time where it will cross once more and you will forever be together. Live your life as you would want him to live if you were the first to go, not in eternal grief, but in eternal remembrance of a love that will never be equaled. He would love for you to eventually welcome another little one into your heart, like a mother with many children, each one is never the same, but nonetheless precious and welcome. This passes on his wonderful, legacy of love and perpetuates his name eternally.
My heart goes out to you, I remember too well the pain of a broken heart. It takes a long time to heal that hole, and it forever leaves a scar. But time will heal that wound, and there will come a time when remembrance will bring a smile to your heart instead of tears. He lived a good life, because he lived it with you, you will be blessed for loving him and bringing him home......RIP precious Tigsy, keep sending those hairs as a token of your love, let your light shine down on those who miss you so very much from the new star that shines bright in the heavens.Let those left behind look toward teh heavens and be reminded of your love. Good night, sleep tight, sweetheart!

MrsFox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, your words are very kind. We missed having a moggy face so two weeks after he left us, we adopted eight month old Groot. I worried at first that it was too soon but we knew we were going to lose him so we were prepared. He would never want us to be without a cat, and I firmly believe that the best way to honour a life is to save another. He would hate Groot as he’s so cheeky and full of beans, that makes us laugh! I think he sent Groot to us to drive us round the bend! We adopted nine month old TARS two weeks ago, as we thought Groot would benefit from having a friend, as he’s such a lively and sociable little thing. I’m on long term sick leave from my job at the minute so these two, along with our five rabbits and four guinea pigs, they keep me busy x

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Tigsy. I can tell from your post how well loved he was during those ten years. :heartshape: I had to smile at the thought of him sending your two new imps to keep you on your toes. :)

RIP, little Tigsy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tigsy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever, and they thank you daily for your gift of two new little imps to love!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of that sweet boy, but you took him in when no one else did and gave him a WONDERFUL life, he loved you and you him, it is sad that it had to end but he knew love with you here on Earth.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, it will take time, but you will heal slowly, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart: