Goodbye Little Darcy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holly loves to play but she still looks to the hallway when I play with her. Cocoa use to come flying in to play when I was trying to play with Holly. She plays with Mandie (14) sometimes but it's not the same. She misses her playmate. I miss that little guy terribly.
Swanie keeps looking under the bed. He'll jump up by the headboard and look down behind the mattress.  This morning I saw him with his head under the mattress in the guest room, which we call the cat's room.  Both Cindy (lost in September) and Darcy (lost in December) used to go under the bed. I can't help but think he's still looking for one or the other.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty8723
I do ( sadly) know what you mean. It's nearly unbearable to lose such very young one. Not that any of them are easy! God help me, after losing three much loved kitties in a row I really just wanted to curl up and fade away myself. So much pain!
But everyone here on the site has been wonderful and supportive and so many of us have dealt with these same issues. Don't know how I would have survived this without every one of you! I'm still seeing Rascal and Darcy and all the others pouncing and running and playing while they wait for us to join them. It's a much-needed happy thought.
I'm convinced now that my cats got together and led me to my new boy because he needed us. He's somewhere between 4 and 6 and has spent most of his life giving blood to save other kitties. Certainly an honorable job, but he deserves a great deal better. And every one of my cats has accepted him unconditionally--a miracle in itself. He's only been with us one week today, but is adjusting wonderfully after some jitters. Now he asks to be picked up, snuggles and purrs like mad. We are becoming firmly wrapped around his furry paws, and he's such a sweetheart we can't resist. He also gives hugs around your neck. I'm certain that Cricket will be yours very soon. I think like LOKI, some things are just meant to be. ( praying I'm right about this).
So my thoughts and prayers are eith you both for all to work out as you wish![emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]
I can't even comprehend losing three in a row.  Losing two has just about killed me.  I think Cindy led us to Darcy because she needed someone to love and take care of her during her final months.  We took the best care we could of Cindy through her two year fight with cancer, so we think she knew we would be good to Darcy.  And Swanie accepted her immediately, and she accepted him too.  The first one we adopted, I didn't listen to my heart because I was trying to let DH take the lead (since Cindy was his heart kitty), and we ended up with one who wanted to be an only cat and was bullying Swanie. The day we took her back to the shelter (in tears) we had no intention of taking another cat home with us.  But the Director said "you have to meet Darcy!"  I swear I only spent 5 minutes petting her in her little bed, while DH sat in a chair and watched, but she had my heart immediately.  We are hoping that Cindy / Darcy have lead us to Cricket.  She had a rough start to life being dumped in a cul de sac, and now she's been in the shelter in a cage in the back room for way too long because they had a hard time getting her to eat, and then when she was supposed to be spayed the volunteer forgot to take up her food and water.  She is shy and scared, but she's not scared of us.  She will come up to us and cuddle next to us.  We hopefully will be able to bring her home next Saturday.  Konikat, I think it's awesome that you have adopted a cat who was being used to give blood!  It's time for him to get rewarded for saving other kitties!!

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heartbreaking to watch them miss them. Holly got sick this week. I had to take her to an ER. I was terrified that she'd die. It's the same place I took Cocoa to.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heartbreaking to watch them miss them. Holly got sick this week. I had to take her to an ER. I was terrified that she'd die. It's the same place I took Cocoa to.
Oh no, I hope Holly is okay.  I spoke with a woman who had the same situation we were in, lost a cat to cancer and got a kitten who was perfect for the family and the kitten got FIP.  She said she had to take the kitten to the ER and it was so much deja vu she was just shaking.  I know I keep watching Swanie and for a while he was really moping around. I wasn't sure if he was grieving or sick. He almost had a  trip to the vet until he perked up again.  I'm a little nervous about adopting again too, but I will.

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Misty I just read about Darcy returning to her heavenly home.  I know how hard it is to have to let her go.  I will tell you it is the kindest thing you could have done but I know you know that.  Just remember she is in good hand's now and what is most important is that she has gone from an atmosphere of love to another atmosphere of love.  Yes, your heart will ache for awhile but let the joy of the time you did have with her help relieve the pain.  You have a lot of followers out there that have been through this and understand that losing a cherished pet can be crushing.  That beautiful Darcy is safe and playing, pain free, illness free and she knows you are grieving for her.  She will be with you in spirit until you meet again.  Please keep in touch and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Misty I just read about Darcy returning to her heavenly home.  I know how hard it is to have to let her go.  I will tell you it is the kindest thing you could have done but I know you know that.  Just remember she is in good hand's now and what is most important is that she has gone from an atmosphere of love to another atmosphere of love.  Yes, your heart will ache for awhile but let the joy of the time you did have with her help relieve the pain.  You have a lot of followers out there that have been through this and understand that losing a cherished pet can be crushing.  That beautiful Darcy is safe and playing, pain free, illness free and she knows you are grieving for her.  She will be with you in spirit until you meet again.  Please keep in touch and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so  much for the beautiful post samnmag.  I know my Darcy is in a good place now, but I miss her so much, it still hurts so bad.

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Misty, you take all the time you need to grieve.  There is one more thing I want to say that I hope will bring you some comfort.  I don't know you other than through this site and you don't know me, but it is my firm belief that Darcy now knows my Maggie and Sam and all of the kitties your site friends have had to let cross the bridge.  Darcy is not alone and neither are you. 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Misty, you take all the time you need to grieve.  There is one more thing I want to say that I hope will bring you some comfort.  I don't know you other than through this site and you don't know me, but it is my firm belief that Darcy now knows my Maggie and Sam and all of the kitties your site friends have had to let cross the bridge.  Darcy is not alone and neither are you. 
Thank you, samnmag, that is such a beautiful thought. I do think people meet for a reason, be it in person on any other way, and I really do hope all the kitties who leave us are together now and happy. I'm sure they have to know how loved they were and are.  I know we'll see them again when it's our turn to cross that bridge.  But it still hurts.