Good Vibes For Monty

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that a different antihistamine is needed. I have allergies and enough sneezing will cause what you're describing. Damage to the tissues from heavy hard sneezes reduces that line of defense. But I don't spray a lot of yellow mucus unless I've got a good infection going on. If you have chronic sneezing going on, I'm more likely to think simple reinfections due to trauma rather than an infection of something else. I agree with a culture though (before another round of antibiotics), I think that will help tell us more about the big picture.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you are able to get more answers from the vet, I am going to have to do a c/s on my kitty Munchie, as soon as he goes off of antibiotics he starts wheezing and sneezing again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we're back from the vet, with another round of Clamavox in hand until we get the results of the C&S back.  She did say the color of the mucus changing to yellowish green since his last visit certainly indicated something still going on that we needed the test to specifically identify.

He has gained a full pound (8lbs) since his last visit & she is pleased with everything else.  No fever, eyes are clear, no changes in appetite, littlebox habits, etc.

So we wait.

On another note - I had just assumed our vet here was boarding one of the most beautiful Bengal cats I think I've ever seen so I never bothered asking until today.  Mainly because he was talking up a storm, in that voice, that only a Bengal has - human, but wild.  Turns out he was an owner surrender who just destroyed their apartment, ultimately getting them evicted.  And even gave the couple a trip or two to the ER for stitches when he was really wound up with no appropriate outlet for the energy.   After hearing his story, I asked the vet tech was he an F1 (because they are incredibly different than a pet quality Bengal IMHO)  -- sure enough he is.  So two folks with more money than education bought themselves a big heartbreak.  No doubt they had not a clue as to the care that was required.   The vet is going to keep him & even remodeled her office to make him a large enough enclosure that even has an 8ft tree trunk in it.   She & one other vet tech are the only ones this beautiful boy won't tear into when they go into his enclosure.  But my God he is one stunning cat.

Last edited: