Good vibes for injured kitten

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you were able to rescue Charlie.

Regarding animal cruelty, it happens an awful lot more often than I would expect in a civilized world. Empathy for other living creatures is something that most children should have, but many don't. Yes serial killers start out that way, but so do some plain ordinary folks. The literature says it is done by those who feel inferior and use torture as a way to feel powerful.

It still tears me up that stuff like that happens. No matter how much I read, I don't understand how some people can be so cruel. There's got to be more to it than a lousy childhood, because plenty of people with lousy childhoods turn out to be kind gentle adults.

That 12 year old needs help now. I don't understand the part about no witnesses. Did he scare the other kids into not talking?

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread. What a story about little Charlie! Very glad there is a new ray of sunshine in his life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We recently heard from Charlie's (now named Trip) owner. The little guy apparently isn't so little anymore. He was neutered in Dec. and had a final check on his once injured rear legs. They have completely healed and he now runs, plays and jumps like any active young cat!

Unfortunately, the SPCA ultimately decided there wasn't enough evidence to pursue the abuse case.
It's very disappointing, but at least Trip ended up getting the care he needed and will have a loving home for the rest of his life.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I somehow missed this thread!!!!
I am sorry that I could'nt offer any vibes in his time of need, but I am SUPER happy to hear he is fine now. That is really, really great. What a special little guy he must be