Good Thoughts Needed Please

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lorie, I'm so glad to hear the community is behind your organization!!!! It must have been angering that the elected reps didn't show - where they supposed to or was it just rumors? Either way, at least the news, so far, is encouraging.

(((((Hugs)))))

Hang in there - at least you guys aren't alone!!!!!!

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geees, aren't those times terrible?! One of my past jobs at an office, they had 2 offices in different locations, and about 200+ employee's at each building. For months on end there was periods of hords of people being fired or laid off, you never knew if you were going to be next, heck half the time you didn't even know if you were going to get your paycheck after you'd work 80 hours that week!
The company had filed for Chapter 11 and the whole deal. We even had riots now and then, people lit fires and threw things around and yelled and gathered together at one central point, we had the news there, cause people were so upset (I think some were just a little TOO upset).
Anyways it wasn't fun when you saw one of your top boss's come onto the floor with that look on his face... you never knew if he was going to walk up to you, sometimes they'd fire 1 person sometimes they'd fire 10 in one day.

Regaurdless of all that, I loved that job, I would still be working there now had the company done their job and kept some stalker away from me!

At any rate, sorry, it's a pain in the butt and I wish you a fast time to find a new job! It can be very hard!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lorie, Those city officials will want to be re-elected, so if they're wise, they'll do what they can. Did the newspaper send a reporter? If not, call them, and call the local tv station, and report the story, including the fact that your elected representatives didn't think it important enough to attend the meeting. Thinking of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeanie, Our city officials were all at our community meeting, and they will be holding an emergency city council meeting tomorrow night. The problem is that our state representatives and our governer had all been invited to our meeting, and none of them bothered to show up.

AngelzOO, about half of the staff have been laid off, but so far, I still have my job.

Since it will take awhile to get everything worked out, and know the final outcome, this will be my last post about this.

Thanks again guys!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lorie, when there is some news, please post about it!!!

In the meantime, I'm keeping you and the facility (and your community) in my prayers.