Good thoughts for Claire

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have a possible lead on a home for Claire. My boss said her brother and sister-in-law are looking for a companion for their young male cat who is neutered. They're concerned that from her pictures Claire looks so delicate, but I assured her she has no problem standing up for herself. Sounds like the family really loves cats and will keep her indoors only and not have her declawed. Definitely important. Please say a prayer this pans out, if it's meant to, of course!

Thanks!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that you have a special place in your heart for beautiful little Claire. Let's hope that she finds a home where she is as loved as our own furbabies. We are praying for you sweet Clarie.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Have a possible lead on a home for Claire. My boss said her brother and sister-in-law are looking for a companion for their young male cat who is neutered. They're concerned that from her pictures Claire looks so delicate, but I assured her she has no problem standing up for herself. Sounds like the family really loves cats and will keep her indoors only and not have her declawed. Definitely important. Please say a prayer this pans out, if it's meant to, of course!

Thanks!
Dear Eilcon
I praying for her since Yesterday,
, thanks for share this,
and please keep us uptdated!!!!

"Please God Help to Claire to found a lovely home!!!

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope things will work out and Claire will find a good home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming for Claire.
Have another lead - a priest who works in the same building I do is looking for cat. His died last year at 16 after battling cancer. He'd had her since she was kitten. I know him and he is very kind man who would do right by Claire. I've been trying to convince him to adopt another cat for a while and this is the first time he's shown interest. I really think this would be a good match!

Thanks!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If this is meant to be Claire's forever home, then everything will work out.
Sending good vibes for the right home!!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Claire gets the purrfect match she deserves, and I'm so thrilled that she has so many potential pet parents who will love her the way she needs!

Do you think she would do better as a solo kitty with all her owner's attention? If so, so with the Priest. If you think she would prefer a companion, go with the couple.

--Wow, I just realized that was really obvious advice...sorry...it's all I got! LOL.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

I hope Claire gets the purrfect match she deserves, and I'm so thrilled that she has so many potential pet parents who will love her the way she needs!

Do you think she would do better as a solo kitty with all her owner's attention? If so, so with the Priest. If you think she would prefer a companion, go with the couple.

--Wow, I just realized that was really obvious advice...sorry...it's all I got! LOL.
I think she'd be fine in either situation, but this particular priest is the first person I thought of when Claire was returned to us. It's kind of like they need each other. She needs a quiet, patient home, which he would provide and he needs a gentle, sweet companion, which she would be.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies

I think she'd be fine in either situation, but this particular priest is the first person I thought of when Claire was returned to us. It's kind of like they need each other. She needs a quiet, patient home, which he would provide and he needs a gentle, sweet companion, which she would be.
It would be a match made in heaven!
(sorry, couldn't help it.)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will certainly keep Claire in my prayers! If none of these leads work out, I hear the new Pope has a definite soft spot for kitties

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No news from the priest yet. He did request that I give him the weekend to think about adopting Claire. It's so hard not to call him this morning, but I'm determined not to pressure him

This weekend was hard! Pete keeps wanting to go in to play with her. At one point after tearing around the spare bedroom they were curled up together on the my old couch grooming each other and I got to thinking how can I separate them? I can't be thinking this way!

I feel terrible about this, but I was also feeling kind of resentful that I've been put in the position of having to find her a home. I don't resent Claire at all, but I do resent the irresponsibility of the people who left her behind. I'm also finding it hard to deal with the pressure (mostly self-imposed) of trying to find her a good home and wrestling with thoughts of keeping her (not a good idea according to most of my family members and friends).

That's all. Thanks for listening.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This weekend was hard! Pete keeps wanting to go in to play with her. At one point after tearing around the spare bedroom they were curled up together on the my old couch grooming each other and I got to thinking how can I separate them? I can't be thinking this way!

I feel terrible about this, but I was also feeling kind of resentful toward former owners that have put me in the position of having to find her a home. I don't resent Claire at all, but I do resent the irresponsibility of the people who left her behind. I'm also finding it hard to deal with the pressure (mostly self-imposed) of trying to find her a good home and wrestling with thoughts of keeping her (not a good idea according to most of my family members and friends).

That's all. Thanks for listening.
Eilcon- I KNOW exactly how you feel!!
I have been in this situation several times and have felt resentful due to the fact that I was put in the position of trying to find a home for cats due to the irresponsible actions of their owners.

I also know the doubts/struggles you are facing regarding finding a home for her or keeping her. My family have NOT been supportive of me regarding fostering or keeping more than 2 cats. I found the most effective method for me regarding the decisions of keeping a cat was to make a pro and con list regarding keeping based on the cat's needs, YOUR needs and your family's needs (that's if you are married and have kids? It's easier for me since I'm single and lives alone).

HANG IN THERE. I know you will make the right decision for Claire, you and your family..

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Eilcon- I KNOW exactly how you feel!!
I have been in this situation several times and have felt resentful due to the fact that I was put in the position of trying to find a home for cats due to the irresponsible actions of their owners.

I also know the doubts/struggles you are facing regarding finding a home for her or keeping her. My family have NOT been supportive of me regarding fostering or keeping more than 2 cats. I found the most effective method for me regarding the decisions of keeping a cat was to make a pro and con list regarding keeping based on the cat's needs, YOUR needs and your family's needs (that's if you are married and have kids? It's easier for me since I'm single and lives alone).

HANG IN THERE. I know you will make the right decision for Claire, you and your family..
Thanks for your understanding and support. Making a list is a great idea.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Eilcon, I´m live sooo far and I just only can read this kind of situations...
, just only can share my ears to listen to you and really, really give my prayerst to you and the poor Claire...
GOD Bless you for make this wonderful labour with her...
.. I know surely HE, reward you in other way...

Regards...