Good news for two furkids

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The other day we all came into work and found a darling little calico baby in front of the building. She's such a people kitty and she wanted to come inside so badly. We took food and water out to her and she ate and drank. She stayed out front all day. Just a young little one, maybe about a year or two. Definitely used to people and she'd follow us as soon as we went outside...she wanted to be with us so much. A little charmer. I think somebody dropped her off because she has no fear whatsoever, so she had people at one time.

One of the guys in another dept called his GF; they have one cat now and thought he might want a companion. She and her mom came down in the afternoon, picked her up, said, "Oh, she's darling!" and took her right to their vet. (I checked her belly and nipples to see if maybe she was nursing babies; I was worried b/c without their mama, any little ones would probably die. But I don't think she was nursing.) She has a new home!

The same day my petsitter called. She has a little tortie who's being chased by her dogs. She's going to have to rehome the little girl because the stress of constantly being chased isn't good for her. She called me, hoping desperately that we would take her. But six is our limit; that's just the way it is. I had to tell her no.

But....my co-worker's GF has been wanting a cat or two. She owns her own home and she thinks her home needs a couple kitties. I called my petsitter, and then gave her number to my co-worker. They're going to set up an appt to check out Jezzy and see if she might be willing to come home with them. And if so, another kitty will find a good home. (Not that she doesn't have a good home now with parents who love her, but being chased by dogs is no fun.)

Two kitties, two new homes. Life is good.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the best news I've heard all day altho the day just started for me. Glad those kits found good forever homes.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news!! Poor little calico outside.. glad she will have a forever home now, and that the tortie will have some peace.