Good news, bad news...

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keller got an appt to be spayed tomorrow at the local shelter. They have a waiting list for reduced cost spay and neuter. That is the good news. The bad news is she is back in heat and we have to cancel.
I guess more good news is she isn't pregnant after escaping and being outside for several days.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can't spay her while she is in heat?My cat was in heat when she was spayed???I did read there was a higher risk though, is that true?I know there is probabally more blood flowing to that area.Well it is great she is not pregnant...and too bad she cannot be spayed yet!Good luck and prayers when you do get her spayed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a pretty basic clinic and they don't do high risk stuff. I guess they consider in heat or pregnant over a month high risk. That puts us at the bottom of the waiting list again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that was a short cycle
Keller appears to be out of heat and she is on the list to be spayed in two weeks. I could use some prayers that she doesn't go back into heat.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had 2 cats that was in heat when they got spayed. They say its safe its just a little more complicated because of the blood and it costs a little extra, but that she will not be in heat when its her time for spaying.