Good name for a longhaired calico?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom found a pretty little longhaired calico in my brother's trailer park. While she's very friendly and seems decently cared for, it's unlikely anyone will claim her (trailer parks are like that). And, although my dad will just DIE, my mom will probably end up keeping her (LOL).

So she needs a name. Let's have some suggestions. I usually name a cat based on my first impressions. A name just pops into my head, and that usually sticks unless I find a better choice. My first impression with this cat was Morgan or Megan. Then Fiona popped into my head. So I think she's Irish

I'll try to get a picture. She's really pretty.

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some Irish names that come to mind - Darby, Finley, Katie, Molly and Maggie. My Irish Setter was a Maggie - fit her pefectly!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This post makes me smile...and I needed to smile this evening

I love coming up with names for kitties. And, as evidenced by my own cats' names (Cassidy, Delaney, and Emory), Irish names are some of my favorites! Now, I can't promise that these are all technically Irish names, but these are what came to mind as I went through the alphabet.

Annabelle
Brenna
Calista
Delia
Emma (or Emmy)
Fiona
Grace
Hannah
Isabella
Jessa
Kendall
Leah
Madison
Nina
Orianna
Phoebe
Rhiannon
Siobhan
Taryn
Vanessa
Zinnia

I can't wait to see pictures. And, truly, I do hope your mother is able to keep this precious kitty -- she sounds beautiful!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like Tess or Tessa. Also Cassie or Cassidy. Please post a pic soon.

prairienights

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Megan is my name, haha. I guess I don't really think of it as a cat name.

I like Fiona also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prairienights

Megan is my name, haha. I guess I don't really think of it as a cat name.
Haha, my mom's cats tend to have human names. One of her other cats is named Sonja.

Yeah, I think her name is Fiona. She's going to the low-cost spay clinic tomorrow and we need to put something on her paperwork.

I'll try to get pics tomorrow (except she'll be dopey from the spay) or Thursday. Seriously, I'm really bad when it comes to pictures. I don't even have my own camera.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Neely

I like Tess or Tessa. Also Cassie or Cassidy. Please post a pic soon.
I had a long haired calico named Tess - she lived to age 22. She was a sweet girl and sure loved us.
So I like the name
:

How about Callie? So original, I know.

I met a calico recently with a great name: Picassa. (feminine of Picasso. Looked like a paint set, get it? )

I like names that come from where or how you found them, as long as it is a cute name (my aunt found her cat on Fredericka Blvd...named her Fredericka, Rica for short)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

How about Callie? So original, I know.
Haha! My SL's sister's name is Callie.....I wonder how she'd feel about that!

Bah. She tested positive for FIV at the clinic. I'm going to make a post in the Health forum about that.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Haha! My SL's sister's name is Callie.....I wonder how she'd feel about that!

Bah. She tested positive for FIV at the clinic. I'm going to make a post in the Health forum about that.
Oh no
I'm sorry to hear that.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My mom found a pretty little longhaired calico in my brother's trailer park. While she's very friendly and seems decently cared for, it's unlikely anyone will claim her (trailer parks are like that). And, although my dad will just DIE, my mom will probably end up keeping her (LOL).

So she needs a name. Let's have some suggestions. I usually name a cat based on my first impressions. A name just pops into my head, and that usually sticks unless I find a better choice. My first impression with this cat was Morgan or Megan. Then Fiona popped into my head. So I think she's Irish

I'll try to get a picture. She's really pretty.
My calico was already named when I got her or I would have named her Callie. There was a woman at work who had that name and I thought it appropriate for a calico cat, longhaired or not.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

vibes for the kitty

how about "Juniper"? i think it's a cute name even though there can never be a green cat (junipers are green)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie or Cookie as Calicos look like these to me ...lol.. I named my own one of them