Good Lord, this poor kitty!! *With an updated picture!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Hissy my heart goes out to him. Thank goodness he was brought to you. All those things wrong. 4lbs!!!! There can't be much left of him and some of that will be fur. He must be feeling a bit more comfy now though. I'm sure he will realise you are helping him, he must be frightened God bless him. You are a star. Poor little thing looks so unhappy. I hope he sleeps well tonight for both your sakes. I said that not thinking, it is nearly 10.30pm here but of course it is much earlier there. What a time you've had. Lots of love to you Starlight
Once he realises you are making him better he is going to love you so much MA.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am just seeing this! Poor Starlight, what a beautiful baby and how so sad for him

I hope that things work out in the end for this sweetheart and he gets a loving home.

Major Kudos to you MA - I hate to think what would have happened to him if you had not gotten him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It isn't me, Cassie's relatives found him first. I would shudder to think what would have happened to him had they not only not seen him, but seen him and drove on by. And the kudos go to Starlight as well. I am sure he was really scared and confused and tired of living outside.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Baby,

Thank you MA for helping him when our relatives weren't in a position to be able to do very much. My heart breaks for him, but at the same time, I'm overwhelmed with joy knowing that through the miracle of friendship and the internet this beautiful cat was saved.

It's just amazing isn't it? The cat was found in Washington, driven to Oregon. The people in Oregon spoke to some people in California , who then called a friend in Oregon near those people. That friend, God Bless her, went and picked up that kitty that very night.

All because of the internet, this fabulous site, and a bunch of people who care deeply about animals and wish to do the best they possibly can for them.

MA, give me a call if you need me to help with anything please please.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Cass, I do need a favor please? I need my head examined.

Based on my talk this morning with the vet, and my talk with my husband a few minutes ago. Starlight no longer needs a home, he has found one.

If indeed the vet is accurate that this cat has spent 6-8 months on his own in the middle of god knows where- then he truly is a special cat with a unique spirit. Even if he is (as Mike calls him, a "fru-fru kitty." (said in love). Right now the house is empty of kittens, they are all miffed at the newcomer and are outside. Starlight hisses at the dog, but if over the next few months we can get this little man stronger and successfully merge him into the crew- then he stays.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA! I am so glad you are going to keep him. When I asked you earlier, and you said you couldn't, I still had a feeling he was going to end up with you
It seems like this kitty was meant to be with you.

stingy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor little Starlight.
You are very good person.
To save him. He happy with you. He thank you.

I very sad, think if Spot like Starlight.
Starlight has luck with you.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Hi Cass, I do need a favor please? I need my head examined.

Based on my talk this morning with the vet, and my talk with my husband a few minutes ago. Starlight no longer needs a home, he has found one.

If indeed the vet is accurate that this cat has spent 6-8 months on his own in the middle of god knows where- then he truly is a special cat with a unique spirit. Even if he is (as Mike calls him, a "fru-fru kitty." (said in love). Right now the house is empty of kittens, they are all miffed at the newcomer and are outside. Starlight hisses at the dog, but if over the next few months we can get this little man stronger and successfully merge him into the crew- then he stays.
Yay...he is such a stunning cat (I can "see" him as if the fur were back and the weight on...that face is adorable, the markings striking, and yes...he must indeed have a special cat soul. I so look forward to seeing how he progresses and pix of him over the upcoming months.

bibby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hissy
So glad you are keeping him- and still amazed that he survived outside for so long.
4lb!- Beau is thin and he weighs over 10!

I'm sure you'll find he wont hold a grudge- mine are very forgiving after I do the horrible things like bathing, claw trimming removing small matts etc.
Hope your crew accept him
Best wishes
Catherine

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Mary Anne! I just can't even fathom what that poor boy must have been through!

But really, what an amazing rescue story! People from around the country (or at least up and down the coast) coming together to save this kitty.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think if Cass is willing to help me, we should write the story for Save Samoa- How bout it Cass you up to it?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW!

What a story! What a lucky kitty! How very fortunate that he made the connections he did, and landed in your loving home.

Many prayers and good wishes for his return to health and settling into his new home.

Starlight, you may not realize just now, how fortunate you are, but it won't take long for you to realize how wonderful your new Mum and family are.

Looking forward to updates on his progress.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't keep him. He needs to be in a home where he is the only cat and pampered and loved.
When I first read this MA, I knew by the end of the day you would change your mind
!! He does not have to be an only cat.....but he is sure to be loved by one the kindest women in this world!

I wouldn't worry about getting your head examined MA. It's perfect the way it is.

Give him some gentle love from me, will ya?

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think if Cass is willing to help me, we should write the story for Save Samoa- How bout it Cass you up to it?
I think I can speak for the team when I say that Save Samoa would love this story!! What a wonderful addition to the rest of the stories.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well even if you do find the owner, I highly doubt he got in that horrible condition over night. I'd be very leary of returning him to someone until I found out how long he'd been missing and why he is in such terrible condition.

Mary Anne, Thanks for taking this poor baby in. I love black Van's. He will be a beauty when he gets all cleaned up and his fur grows back (assuming you'll have to shave him). Poor guy. I can imagine his condition. When Henrietta was first rescued in Arizona, she was matted so badly that they were strangling her. Cutting off her circulation.

Edited: I just saw that you're keeping this little cutie! I'm SOOO happy! He is such a cutie! You're going to love having a little persian around!
But I'm prejudiced!

He only weighs about 2 oz less then Hallie did when I first got her. And she was just over 2 years old. I know exactly how big he is and what he must look like. Poor thing. At least he now has a really good home!

I can't believe it... Hissy has a Persian!!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to read this

That would be really great if he would fit in with the rest of your baby's

You are a angel M.A.
and you have a big heart

God bless you sweet woman

Status
Not open for further replies.