Good lord...DH is on a "Battlestar Galactica" kick

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband just remembered he could watch Netflixs on his computer and he rediscovered "Battlestar Galactica", the original TV series. Now, one or two episodes a can handle...but 5 in a row?? Apparently, he got bored with that (until tomorrow night, that is) and now is watching "Buck Rogers"
. Lord help me! At least I have my own computer LOL!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a digital channel called RTV and Saturday night has those two back to back. Guess where I have been spending my time.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL, I own the Battlestar Galactica boxed set and I've thought about buying the Buck Rodgers ones. The good news is that they only made about 20 episodes of Battlestar Galactica ever, so it's necessarily a short kick.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hated the original BG series. (still do for that matter) Babylon 5, on the other hand, was wonderful (until the last season). DH has all seasons and movies on DVD, bought for him by his loving wife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he said he had 24 in queue and has watched 10 or 12, so he must have the entire series. Don't get me wrong, I like both of the shows but it's hard for two people to watch it on his laptop.

Don't even mention Babylon 5, Libby! (shhhhh). If he pulls that out I may just have to start watching Sex and the City again...hehe.

I just think it's cute.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I absolutely hated the original BG series. (still do for that matter) Babylon 5, on the other hand, was wonderful (until the last season). DH has all seasons and movies on DVD, bought for him by his loving wife.
Well, I think I was about 4 when BSG came out. It has space battles and giant robots, so what kid can't love that.
As for B5, yeah, I've probably watched the first 4 seasons about 5 times, but I've only rewatched the 5th season once since it originally came out. The writer/producer only planned for five seasons from the very beginning, but he was pretty worried the show was going to be canceled at the end of season 4. As a result, I think he moved a lot of stuff that would have been in season 5 to season 4, so that there wasn't much going on in the final season.

Originally Posted by calico2222

I think he said he had 24 in queue and has watched 10 or 12, so he must have the entire series. Don't get me wrong, I like both of the shows but it's hard for two people to watch it on his laptop.

Don't even mention Babylon 5, Libby! (shhhhh). If he pulls that out I may just have to start watching Sex and the City again...hehe.
Ooh, Sex and the City! I loved that show back when I had HBO. I hardly ever watch TV, but I may have to get a Netflix subscription.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century is worth watching! It's so incredibly BAD, lol! I loved seeing the costumes - they can only be described as awkward, stupid, and much, much too tight!

A friend of mine gets pretty disturbed by white pants, especially tight white pants, and we traced her phobia back to Buck Rogers which she watched when she was about 12!

It's kind of nice, though, to go back to the days where people had normal-colored teeth and thin women didn't have huge breast implants... still, it's one weird show!

Haven't seen the old BG series but I really liked the new one. When you are married to an astronomer you watch a lot of Sci Fi.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat with B5. The first four seasons were awesome, but the fifth season didn't quite measure up the previous seasons. I also liked the original Star Trek, Deep Space 9, Enterprise, Star Blazers (Yamato), original BSG, Farscape, and Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (killed off way before its time).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century is worth watching! It's so incredibly BAD, lol! I loved seeing the costumes - they can only be described as awkward, stupid, and much, much too tight!

A friend of mine gets pretty disturbed by white pants, especially tight white pants, and we traced her phobia back to Buck Rogers which she watched when she was about 12!

It's kind of nice, though, to go back to the days where people had normal-colored teeth and thin women didn't have huge breast implants... still, it's one weird show!

Haven't seen the old BG series but I really liked the new one. When you are married to an astronomer you watch a lot of Sci Fi.
Well, I'm not married to an astronomer, just a Jedi wannabe
so anything Sci-fi is good to go in our house. I don't mind...in fact, I had a crush on Buck Rogers (when I was about 10) and Dh had a crush on Erin Grey so I can handle Buck Rogers. I will say though, spandex was the worst thing ever invented!! It is nice to see normal people instead of barbie dolls though.

Which Star Trek had Wolfe in it? Was it Next Generation? That is the one I really got in to. I like the original Star Trek too, but more of a kid. I love the movies though.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which Star Trek had Wolfe in it? Was it Next Generation? That is the one I really got in to
I think you mean Worf; that was indeed The Next Gerneration, my favorite Trek series. My favorite character was Lwaxana Troi, Counselor Troi's Mom (I probably spelled her name wrong, sorry). I thought Majel Barrett was absolutely fabulous.