Good Idea For Human Mothers To Take Mom Cat To Daughters House To Visit And Keep Bond?

MamaSuri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I do hope you respond. It's my first time posting... Anywhere! :D

I have tried researching but have not found any circumstance as such.

I live in a complex and mommy cats human mom is a close friend of mine. Nala is going on 6 weeks and we are preparing for her moving next door to me, her new human mommy.

My concern is whether our future plans are in their best interest and whether these plans will be detrimental to her settling into her new home. Human mom and I want to try keep them bonded by bringing mommy cat over to visit and vice versa. Nala although very independent, has a unique bond to mommy cats human mom but has been least favoured by mommy cat in comparison to her brother.

Will frequent contact with old human mommy and mommy car prevent us from bonding and keep her in a state of missing her birth place or will she adjust to accepting their visits but knowing i am new mommy and this is her new home?

Please share opinions or experiences to give me a clue as to what to expect and if it is just to tell me that I am being super paranoid.

Thanks in advance.. :)

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!:hellocomputer:
You didn't mention when you were planning on bringing your new kitten to your home, but she should remain with her kitty mama until she is 10 to 12 weeks. This will give her time to learn "kitty manners" and she should become a more confident and well behaved kitty in the future. (Not saying she isn't well behaved now.;))
Aside from that, it really isn't necessary to keep a bond with her mom after you bring her home. ( but it's always nice to have friends )She will bond with you and love you either way. One bonus to keeping up the relationship with mom is that if you go on vacation and your friend is caring for her while you are away, there won't be any issues with the two of them being together. Less stressful for everyone. Good luck and please post photos of your new baby when you get a chance. :D

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats forget fairly quickly, within two weeks, so a weekly visit would most likely be needed to keep them bonded. Some cats become hostile in a day, and almost immediately after a vet visit and all the strange smells. Kittens DO learn their manners and limits on biting, etc. in their 6-12 week range so consider that when separating too early. keep us posted! PS she will bond with you, you will be with her the most, you can always try the visits and if they don't work out you can stop!