Good Grief! I have a "date"!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He sounds like he has the class of an elephant...
LOL! Give Elephants some credit! Don't they mate for life? (could be wrong there.) How about the class of a.....umm......toadstool!
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I agree with the lot...I get a bad vibe frm what you've said.

You deserve better
Most deffinately you deserve better. You just too good for him!

*ETA* Ok Wikipedia says something about Female elephants seeking out the most attractive males to mate, with so I guess I'm thinking of some other animal.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a hopeless case that guy is! My gosh... are there women who actually fall for that kind of approach? Yeccch!

I'm sorry he turned out to be such a complete waste of time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What a hopeless case that guy is! My gosh... are there women who actually fall for that kind of approach? Yeccch!
Yes, by the things he said about his bar conquests, there are. Fortunately I grew out of that 20 years ago!
At this stage in my life I learned that while looks are nice and appealing, that there has to be some personality there too, and he was lacking in that department. He was a very nice looking guy but I find myself more attracted to a guy's personality. No matter how nice looking I find a guy, if he has the personality of a rock I won't give him a second glance.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he called! And he reinforced his reputation as a complete "loser!"

At first I didn't recognize his voice/ He said "Linda?" I asked who it was. He said "You don't remember me?" I said "If I did I wouldn't ask who you were!" Finally he told me how I know him and he seemed surprised that I didn't remember him from his voice

Not much of a conversation took place! He asked me a few times how I was. I said I was fine. He asked where I was. I told him that he called me at home so obviously I'm at home.
Then he said that he had lost my phone number and got a new phone and he just now found my phone number
Like I believe that! Then he asked where I lived!
I told him that he should know that because he had been here

Anyway, he was boring me so I made excuses that I had to go. He said he would call me some other time. I said "Yeah, Do that!" and hung up. I don't expect to hear from him again.

However, if he does call back I'll just tell him that I'm not interested.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...this guy sounds almost as if he's trying to "prey" on women in a way. There are just some men out there who would think you were an easy target. He was probably thinking that you were lonely and helpless and would be eager to be with him. Puhlease!

Good for you for being a strong woman! I bet he didn't even see that coming.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NICE! You cougar!

Edit..... I went back and read what you wrote when you elaborated.....He sounds no good to me. Too pushy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

He's special
If he calls again I could give him your phone number?

Originally Posted by white cat lover

That just about sums him up!
Yep, it sure did. Too bad my telephone doesn't have an emote option because I'm sure I was making some doozy faces while talking to him.

Originally Posted by emrldsky

Wow...this guy sounds almost as if he's trying to "prey" on women in a way. There are just some men out there who would think you were an easy target. He was probably thinking that you were lonely and helpless and would be eager to be with him. Puhlease!

Good for you for being a strong woman! I bet he didn't even see that coming.
Unfortunately I'm sure there are some women out there that would have been falling all over him for that very reason. Unfortunately for him I'm not one of them

Had he been a gentleman when he was here a few weeks ago and not a pushy jerk, I'd have seen him again if he called.

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

NICE! You cougar!

Edit..... I went back and read what you wrote when you elaborated.....He sounds no good to me. Too pushy.
The fact that I'm a "Cougar" is probably why I'm still single at 45!
But my Mom always said to never "settle" and I haven't. I know what I want in a man and out of a relationship and I'm not afraid to walk away from disasterous men and/or relationships. I'm very independent and don't need a man in my life to be happy and whole. Sure it would be nice to find someone to share my life with on equal terms, but if I never find that I'm ok with that too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he called ... again!

He is getting off work soon and wanted to drop by with another bottle of wine this evening

I just told him out right that I am not interested and that he blew it big time when he was here before by getting piss drunk and being pushy and ill mannered. I asked him to not call me anymore.

I think he finally got the message.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good! I learned a long time ago that being perfectly honest is the best thing to do!

You like a guy, you tell them "I had fun. You should take me out again."

You don't like a guy, tell them, "Go away" or like what you did Linda

And no please don't give him my #...I've had enough freaks in my lifetime calling me

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I think he finally got the message.
depends
We learn slow sometimes, and he may just right it up to you being in a bad mood tonight.

oh and it may also depend on how much he had to drink before he called you tonight if he even remembers the conversation.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Good! I learned a long time ago that being perfectly honest is the best thing to do!

You like a guy, you tell them "I had fun. You should take me out again."
oh man, i guess there was alot of people i was supposed to take out again, my bad

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

oh and it may also depend on how much he had to drink before he called you tonight if he even remembers the conversation.
He was still at work so he wasn't drunk. However the other day when he called he was not working and he sounded drunk and was slurring his words. So he may not have remembered that he called me the other day. But he should remember that he called me yesterday.

However, I have an ace up my sleeve! If he calls again I will call the company he works for and report him. I doubt very much that they would be in favour of him hitting on their clients. I'm not mean spirited and I wouldn't normally do something like that, but it's an option that I will use if this twit doesn't get lost.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember this one guy after my divorce that I went out with one time. All he did was talk about himself the entire time. Never really asked me questions about me.

So it was a one-time date. He called several times after that asking me out. I was not "into" how to handle dating again and kept making excuses hoping he would take the hint.

Well I finally had to just come out and say "look, I don't think you and I would work out, so please don't call again but hope you do find the right person for you".

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go for being an independant woman Linda
Its the best way to be
Some woman are so weak and settle..I feel sad for them. They don't reaize they could be happier alone or with someone else.

Thats both my mom and my sister

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you. Listen to your inner voice. If there are things that bother you about him, that's OK. You don't have to like him just because he's into you

So says the woman who hasn't had a date in 10 years

There's always something sketchy about a guy that comes on too fast