Good feelings on this new cat

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I've had Snickers about a week now.

After insisting on being my cat (she jumped into the crate when it was supposed to be another cat, after chasing the other cats from me), she got pretty comfortable right away, no hiding at all.

She hasn't been destructive, seems to understand 'no,' and follows me around the house. She seems a little ornery in general (can't really pet her or pick her up, except for the time I got her off the couch when she was going to hurl), but I'll wake up in the middle of the night to find her snuggled against my leg.

Any tips to continue to ensure a good transition as time goes by?

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have been chosen. You have nothing to worry about. The time it takes to get comfortable can vary.  Snickers will let you know when it is time to pet. The picking up could go either way. Boney Girl never did care to be picked up, but she was affectionate, liked being petted and loved my lap. She was in charge of physical contact

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Samuel Medina, great that the cat chose you and own you and also giving her a loving home. Both of you are doing great at the moment. Keep it up and continue what you guys are doing.
Keep talking to her and showering her with lots of love.
As for peering her, do it slowly. Like when she snuggles up yo you, just put your hand near her and gently say good gal and just let your hand touch her body and slowly stroke her while still saying good gal. She might move away but it's ok, continue to do it again another time till she is used to your hand. Other than while snuggling wit you, present your hand in the gust form (but please don't punch her :lol3:), and let her smell your hand and slowly progress to stroke her. As for carrying her, approach her from the back and scoop her up. And if she struggles while carrying her, let her down gently.
Other than that, keep playing with her using toys and continue the same things as what both of you have been doing ;)