Good experience: first time at the vet's

natamoni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
I'm a new cat mommy of two little feline girls and I wanted to share my experience at the vet's with you guys, and at the same time, recommend the place for any new feline parents or older ones who would like to change clinic (anyplace near Montreal city).

So my little Monique got terribly sick last week (and is still recovering (see: 4 month old kitten recovering from unknown virus - "Don't underestimate a little scratch"    - cat health)) and I went to see a vet with her for the first time.

So I brought her at 8h30 am (Clinic opening hour), but the vets only came in at 9 am. Since she was in a pretty much critical state, they literally called a vet for an emergency check up, first thing that made me confident about that office. One vet came in early just to see one cat that needed to see someone.

Then, they took my kitten to a room where they could keep an eye on her until the vet came in. The receptionist (and at this point I was pretty much panicking) stayed with me to answer all my questions the best she could and even told me about what COULD happen. She said they were going to try something and when I asked if they might have to put her down, she calmly said: "For sure, it will depend on what you are willing to pay to fix her, but they WILL try their best to make her better."
So second thing that made me happy with the place, everybody was super efficient and helpful.

The vet came in, did an exam while the receptionist was telling me everything that was happening ("The vet arrived, she will do an exam and come and get you a.s.a.p."). 

Then, I saw the vet come in with my baby all tucked in a nice floral and bees print blanket. 

3: They cuddled her so much while I was scared they would stress her out... She looked all comfy and warm, witch calmed me down ALLOT.

So she told me all the details of the exam, that she didn't find out what she had but she would do everything and then she talked about the cost. I was willing to pay anything but she kept telling me, witch is good since she wasn't pushing me to pay too much. 4!!

5: As she was telling me that she would give her shots of antibiotics and all the stuff she needed to be sure she would have a chance to recover, she was repeating everything to my cat in a friendly, playful voice and petting her, and making her feel like a little princess in a beauty salon.

6: So she gave her the shots, showed me how I would have to feed her, and we went back to see the receptionist so I could pay the bill.

So what she says is: "Ok, so we did the antibiotics injection, the anti-inflammatory injection, a (whatever you call that injection where they put water under the skin the rehydrate the animal) and a check up... The food is a donation."

Basically, she was giving me the food witch is not that expensive, but I thought it was so good of her to think of it.

So, my kitten was seen by 3 different vets (witch I learned in her check up the next day), cuddled and she is now recovering thanks to these people.

1: They took the situation very seriously

2: Every staff member gave me their help and support

3: They took care of my cat as I would

4: They kept sure I was okay with everything that was going to happen

5: The vet was an ANGEL to my baby

6: They even gave me a little help to take care of her back home.

SO the clinic is 

Hôpital Vétérinaire  de la Seigneurie  de Terrebonne

Yes, it is in french but if you are near montreal, you probably speak french haha.

I was helped by Dre Valerie Lamothe and the next day, by Dre Renée Gauvin (and I think the third vet to see her was Dre Isabelle Allard)

Also, a thanks to Christine Coté that was there to answer to all of my questions.

They were all a great help and support and I really recommend the place to anybody near Montreal, Lanaudiere or Terrebonne. 

If you have any good experience with a vet's office/clinic, please do post them here. I'm pretty sure allot of pet owners would need people like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your great 1st time experience at the veterinary clinic. 
 Glad to hear your little baby is recovering too